Qantas flights to South Africa are down to $919 return
Safaris, mountain hikes and penguin spotting.
It's time to tick South Africa off your bucket list now that Qantas has sale fares to the South African city of Cape Town for as little as $919 return.
Flights depart from Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney in August and September 2019. If that's too soon for you to head off, there are also a few cheap fares in February and March 2020.
To catch those $919 fares, you'll be travelling out of Melbourne. A sample itinerary found through Skyscanner is 20 August - 9 September 2019.
Flights from Brisbane come up slightly dearer, starting at $1,027 return. A sample itinerary found through Skyscanner is 6 August - 2 September 2019.
Sydney flights start from $1,056 return based on flights from 19 August to 3 September 2019.
Flights are operated by Qantas and its codeshare partner South African Airlines.
These flights aren't part of a particular sale and flights are available until sold out.
To book: Start searching for your flight with Skyscanner here.
How good are these Qantas fares?
- Price: Great. A good deal on flights from Melbourne to Cape Town according to Skyscanner is $1,573 with the majority of Australians paying closer to $1,849 for their return journey. This is almost half that price.
- Airline: Great. Qantas is a full-service airline and the best in Australia/Pacific according to Skytrax.
- Frequent Flyer Points: Great. All flights will accrue Qantas Frequent Flyer points and status credits. As there is a codeshare leg, this varies depending on your journey.
- Travel time: Good. You'll have to bump through one to two stops to get to your destination but that's standard on flights to South Africa.
- Weather: Great. April to October is the dry season in South Africa. The vegetation is less leafy which increases visibility when on adventures like safari.
- UPDATED: What to know about the Tasmanian border reopening
- Klook’s new tour brings a taste of Europe to the Hunter Valley: Here’s our review
- Queensland reopens its borders to NSW: Here’s what you need to know
- Review: What to expect from the Madame Tussauds Sydney TikTok challenge
- $4 million in travel vouchers for South Australians: Are you eligible?