Qantas/Emirates double points offer: Get booking!
Twice the points on international codeshare flights from both airlines.
Way to earn a stack more points on a single booking: Qantas has just launched a promotion that offers double Qantas Points on flights from both Qantas and Emirates.
To pile up those points for bookings from Australia, you need to:
- Register for the promotion online.
- Book an eligible flight before 11:59pm AEST on 7 May 2018. Flights that qualify are any Qantas flights between Australia and New Zealand, London, Singapore or Bangkok; or any Emirates flights with a QF codeshare flight number between Australia and New Zealand, the UK, Europe, Asia or the Middle East.
- Book for travel between 21 May 2018 and 31 March 2019. There aren't any date restrictions, so this would work for school holidays, Christmas flights and Chinese New Year 2019.
The offer doubles points, but not status credits, so it isn't going to get you to Platinum status faster. However, for a discount return flight to London in economy, you'll now earn 43,400 Qantas Points, rather than 21,700. That in itself is enough for a return business class Classic Reward flight to Queenstown, which would routinely set you back $2,000 or more.
The promotion isn't restricted to a single booking, so if you book multiple qualifying flights before 7 May, you'll get double points on all of them. Note that domestic connecting flights don't score double points, so if you're flying (for instance) Adelaide-Sydney-Queenstown, you'll only get double points for the Sydney-Queenstown leg.
THE POINTS FINDER TAKEIf you've been planning an overseas flight to Europe or New Zealand in the next year with either airline, booking now will give you a massive points boost, even in economy.
Qantas and Emirates last year extended their alliance for another five years. Qantas no longer routes its London flights through Dubai, but this promotion sends a clear signal that Qantas doesn't expect everyone to be flying through Singapore just yet. Emirates also has a small-scale sale on Europe fares right now, so that's worth checking if you're considering a booking.
- $4 million in travel vouchers for South Australians: Are you eligible?
- Jetstar drops South Australia and NSW border reopening sale with flights from $59
- South Australia reopens border with NSW: What to know before you go
- What Qantas Lounges are like right now
- Accor Live Limitless bonus points deal: Check the fine print