Qantas double status credits: All the deal details
Fast-track your way to Silver, Gold or Platinum.
One of Qantas' most popular promotions, doubling the number of status credits you can earn for flights, has returned.
Status credits are the key to working your way up through Silver, Gold and Platinum frequent flyer tiers, which in turn helps you earn more points, gives you free access to lounges and boosts your chances of an upgrade.
To score those double status credits, you need to:
- Register on the Qantas site.
- Make flight bookings between now and 11.59pm AEST on 14 August 2018, when the promotion ends. You can earn double status credits on any bookings made during this time for flights between 21 August 2018 and 8 August 2019.
A few traps to watch out for: make sure you book directly through the Qantas site, rather than through third-party booking sites. The offer only applies to Qantas-operated flights, so codeshare services (such as those operated by Emirates or, from late October, Air New Zealand) won't score the extra credits. And remember you won't earn the status credits until after you've flown, so factor that into your plans if you're hoping to move up a tier by earning extra credits.
The doubling applies across economy, premium economy, business and first. The more expensive fares already earn more status credits, so with a couple of judiciously chosen flights, you could quickly qualify for Silver or Gold status. Remember to also book using a card that earns Qantas Points so your overall points total is boosted.
THE POINTS FINDER TAKEQantas generally runs two double status credit deals a year, and it's worth making your flight bookings during this period if you're aiming to reach a higher Qantas tier.
- Qantas Points Auction: What are the best deals?
- Qantas Digital Health Pass: How vaccination passports will work
- HUGE Virgin Australia business class fare discounts – don’t miss out!
- Qantas EXTENDS triple points offer: Last chance to boost yours
- LAST CHANCE: Virgin Australia EOFY sales to get 50% bonus points
Picture: First Class Photography/Shutterstock