Qantas Double Points promotions 2019
Boost your Qantas Points balance with a double points promotion.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Qantas Points are the main currency of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. Having enough Qantas Points opens the door to being able to use your points for flights with Qantas and partner airlines like Cathay Pacific, Japan Airlines, Qatar Airways, American Airways and Emirates.
Qantas runs several double points promotions throughout each year. Much like the double status credit promotions it runs from time-to-time, there are no regular set times Qantas runs these promotions.
To be eligible for these promotions, you'll usually have to:
- Register for the promotion on the Qantas site
- Book your flights during the promotional period for travel within the dates mentioned in the terms and conditions
- Allow up to six weeks after the completion of travel for your points to reach your account
To keep track of the most current double points promotions from Qantas, sign up for our newsletter below:
What's the catch?
As with any promotion, be sure to carefully read the terms and conditions before assuming you'll earn double points for these flights. Usually Qantas double points promotions have some conditions you should be aware of:
- Usually only applies to Qantas-operated flights. Double points are generally only offered for Qantas-operated flights, but this can differ depending on the promotion itself. Past promotions have seen double points also offered for specific partners such as Emirates or American Airlines.
- Be careful if you're buying and using flight vouchers. Qantas generally allows flight vouchers to earn double points, but the voucher must be bought during the promotion and redeemed for flights during the travel periods mentioned in the promotion.
- Can't be stacked with other bonus offers. Qantas doesn't usually allow you to use multiple bonus points offers for the same bookings.
How many Qantas Points could I earn during a bonus points promotion?
The exact number of Qantas Points earned for any flight depend on the flight route itself, the fare type of the ticket purchased, and the airline operating the flight. More expensive fare types and classes typically earn more points.
As an example, see the number of points earned for a Qantas-operated flight from Sydney to New York:
|Fare type||Points earned|
|Discount Economy||6,200 points|
|Flexible Economy||12,400 points|
|Discount Premium Economy||12,400 points|
|Premium Economy||15,500 points|
|Flexible Premium Economy||17,000 points|
|Discount Business||18,600 points|
|Flexible Business||21,700 points|
|First Class||24,800 points|
Here are some examples of how many points some typical economy class domestic and international flights could earn in a double Qantas Points promotion:
|Flight||Points Earned during double points promotion|
|Sydney/Melbourne to London (Qantas operated)||18,600|
|Sydney/Melbourne to Hong Kong or Singapore||7,800|
|Sydney/Melbourne to Bangkok||7,800|
|Sydney/Brisbane/Melbourne to New York (Qantas operated)||18,600|
|Sydney/Brisbane/Melbourne to Tokyo NRT (Qantas operated)||7,800|
|Sydney/Melbourne to Ayers Rock||1,600|
|Perth to London||14,100|
|Perth to Denpasar, Indonesia||4,050|
|Perth to Sydney/Melbourne||2,900|
THE POINTS FINDER TAKE
Qantas runs several double points promotions each year. Some promotions only offer double points when using specific parts of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program such as when spending with Qantas shopping partners. These promotions can be a good way to earn bonus points for doing nothing extra apart from flying with Qantas, so it can be a good idea to book upcoming trips during promotions to earn more points.
- This Virgin Australia sale is bringing you fares from $79 a pop
- Virgin Australia sale drops fares from $69 across 300,000 seats
- Fly across Australia from $99 with Qantas’s 2020 Boxing Day sale
- Score $75 flights with the Virgin Australia Boxing Day sale
- Take off across the country from $75 with this Virgin Australia sale
More guides on Finder
Westpac Altitude Platinum Qantas – Existing customer offer
With bonus Qantas Points and a range of complimentary insurance covers, the Westpac Altitude Platinum - Qantas is worth considering if you want more frequent flyer points.
See the world from $1,129 with the Qatar Airways Boxing Day sale
Plus find out how you can trim a little extra off the top.
How to start a gardening business
Here are all the things you need to know for a successful gardening business.
How to start a dog boarding business
From the legal to the practical, here's what you need to know before opening a dog boarding company.
How to start an accounting business
Find out what you need to know before starting an accounting business.
How to start a compliance audit business
From writing a business plan to finding customers, here's what you need to start a compliance audit business.
How to start a fridge repair business
What you need to know about starting a fridge repair business in Australia.
How to start an auto electrician business
What you need to know if you're looking to launch your own auto electrician company.
How to start a grocery delivery business
Here's what you need to know before launching your new grocery delivery company.
Toothpaste Finder: Keep your teeth clean with the right toothpaste
Here's what you need to know to choose the best toothpaste for your pearly whites.
Supercharge your frequent flyer points with Points Finder
Ask an Expert