Qantas Black Friday flight sales predictions 2022 + deals
What flight sales can you expect from the Flying Kangaroo on Black Friday and Cyber Monday?
Friday 25 November is Black Friday. It's one of the biggest shopping dates on the calendar and with it comes a swag of travel deals.
Thinking of catching a cheap break on Qantas?
While this year's sales have yet to be released, we've got a good idea of what to expect if previous years are anything to go by.
International flights on sale
Qantas's Black Friday flight sale in 2021 saw flights to Vancouver from $1,699 return.
This year with so many borders reopened, there's a good chance it'll spin out another international sale. If it does, here's what we're predicting:
- Canada flights: Right now Qantas has a Canada Fly Away sale from $1,699 return. This is for flights from October 2022 to February 2023 and is a bargain considering you're flying at 2021 prices. If they do well, the airline could bring this sale back for Black Friday.
- Tonga flights: Qantas introduced direct flights between Australia and Tonga in August. Black Friday could be a good chance to get Aussies to its shores with cheap flights.
- Japan flights: Officially reopened to tourists on 11 October, Qantas has already created a buzz around flights to Japan by offering up every economy seat as a Classic Rewards flight over select dates. The next step could be discounted fares.
Up to 50% off at the Qantas Store
Qantas almost always joins in the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales fun. However, it's not known to dish out too many flight sales for this event.
Instead, its main Black Friday sale comes in the form of Qantas Store and Qantas Wine Club discounts.
In 2020 it had up to 50% off Qantas Rewards Store items and up to 50% off mystery wine cases.
In 2021 by using your points, you could score up to 20% off Apple, Bose, Samsonite and Breville products as well as 10% off select gift cards.
This Black Friday it's highly likely Qantas will slash the cost of Qantas Rewards Store items and wine again.
Qantas Points bonuses
Frequent Flyers should keep their eyes peeled for bonus point opportunities.
In 2021 it was all about the Northern Territory with Qantas tripling points earned on select flights.
When is Qantas's Black Friday sale?
Black Friday is officially on 25 November. However, some sites release their discounts early. Qantas doesn't often run its sale earlier than Friday, although it can jump the gun by a day or 2.
We'll keep you posted here when details of its deals land.
Best early deals from Qantas
Can't wait until Black Friday? Not confident Qantas will have a flight sale? The airline has a stack of discounted flights on sale right now so you don't have to hedge your bets.
Here's the best of them:
- Singapore flights from $559 return: Travel from 16 February - 7 June 2023. Book through Skyscanner. Sale ends 21 November.
- Bangkok flights from $999 return: Travel from 21 April - 19 June 2023. Book through Skyscanner. Sale ends 21 November.
- South Korea flights from $949 return: Travel from 2-21 March 2023. Book through Skyscanner. Sale ends 21 November.
- Western Australia flights from $435 return: Travel from 17 November - 30 December 2022. Book through Cheapflights. Sale ends 28 November.
Can't wait for Black Friday? Check out the latest Qantas flight sales you can book right now.