Get up to $500,000 in trauma insurance cover with a policy from Qantas Assure.
Qantas Assure Trauma Insurance pays a lump sum to cover immediate medical expenses and other financial needs if you are diagnosed with a specified critical illness. It provides a financial breathing space so that you can access medical treatment, support your loved ones and concentrate on your recovery.
What types of coverage is offered?
Qantas Assure Trauma Insurance provides three main areas of cover, which can be taken out separately or bundled together for maximum protection:
- Cancer Cover. Covers you for a variety of different specified cancers.
- Critical Injury Cover. Covers you for specified critical injuries resulting from an accident.
- Critical Illness Cover. Covers you for specified critical illnesses other than cancer such as organ or neurological disorders.
What features are offered?
- A lump sum payment for any condition which meets the specified severity criteria (up to $500,000)
- A Cancer Advancement Benefit (Cancer Cover only) of 25% of the benefit amount if you suffer from a listed condition such as carcinoma in situ, diagnosed benign brain tumour or early stage chronic lymphocytic leukaemia, melanoma or prostate cancer
- The ability to pause your cover up to 3 months
- No medical tests
- The ability to update your cover if needed
What options are included?
As well as the standard features and benefits, Qantas Assure Trauma Insurance offers the following options which can be included for an additional premium:
- Life Buy Back Option. The option to buy back any life insurance amount that has been reduced after payment of a full claim on your bundled trauma insurance up to the equivalent of the benefit amount paid (bundled trauma and life insurance only).
- Premium Relief Option. Your premiums will be waived or refunded if you are unable to work in any suitable occupation for at least three consecutive months due to accident or illness.
What serious conditions are included in the cover?
Some of the key conditions covered by Qantas Assure Trauma Insurance include:
- Cancer Cover. Covers cancers such as malignant tumours, skin cancers showing evidence of metastases and benign brain tumours.
- Critical Injury Cover. Covers critical injuries such as severe burns, major head trauma, loss of a limb, blindness, loss of hearing and loss of speech.
- Critical Illness Cover. Covers critical illnesses such as heart conditions, blood disorders, neurological conditions, organ disorders and permanent conditions such as blindness or loss of a limb.
What are the age limits for this policy?
|Age||Between 18 - 59|
|Other requirements||You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen residing permanently in Australia|
Whether you're eligible may depend on various factors. Make sure you check the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for more details.
How much will it cost?
The cost of your cover will depend on factors such as:
- Your age. The older you are, the more you pay.
- Your gender. Males typically pay more than females.
- Your smoking status. Smokers can pay up to twice as much.
- Your occupation. You will pay more if your job is high risk.
- Your lifestyle. Risky sports or pastimes attract higher premiums.
- Your health. You may pay more for pre-existing medical conditions.
- Your medical history. A family predisposition to certain diseases can cost you more.
- Your level of cover. The benefit amount and conditions you want cover for will affect the cost of your premiums.
When will a benefit be paid?
A benefit will be paid on your Qantas Assure Trauma Insurance if you suffer from a specified condition such as those listed above. The condition must also meet the severity criteria specified in the Trauma Insurance Event Definitions listed in the product disclosure statement (PDS).
This section includes a precise definition of each condition and when it will and will not be covered and you should read it thoroughly to ensure you understand it fully before applying for cover.
When won’t a benefit be paid?
Exclusions that apply to your Qantas Assure Trauma Insurance include the following circumstances when a benefit will not be paid:
- If you do not survive the condition for at least 14 days
- If the event giving rise to the claim is caused by an intentional, self-inflicted act
- If the condition was considered pre-existing (i.e. previously diagnosed or known about)
- If the condition is not covered by your policy (i.e. if you take out Cancer Cover only and you suffer from a critical injury or critical illness)
As with any insurance, you should always refer to your policy schedule for details of any special conditions or exclusions that may apply to your policy.