Enjoy a signup bonus of 30,000 Qantas Points. Plus, earn up to 2.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent and a range of perks such as complimentary travel insurance with the Qantas American Express Premium Credit Card.
The Qantas American Express Premium Credit Card is designed to provide rewards and luxury for frequent travellers and big spenders alike. This card offers a bonus 30,000 Qantas Points to new customers who apply online and spend $3,000 in the first 3 months of card membership. You can also earn up to 2.25 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases made with the card and get access to complimentary extras such as travel insurance.
As well as these features, the Qantas American Express Premium offers 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months you have the card, with a one-time 1% balance transfer fee. It has an annual fee of $249 and a standard variable purchase rate of 20.74% p.a.
|Product Name||Qantas American Express Premium Card|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 12 months with 1% balance transfer fee|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Purchase Rate (20.74% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||70% of available credit limit|
|Maximum Balance Transfer Amount||$10,000|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||20.74% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$249 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Card Type||American Express|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (AMEX)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$249 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2.5% or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$30|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||4|
- New card members will receive 30,000 bonus Qantas Points when they apply online, get approved and meet the minimum required spend.
- Enjoy 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months.
- Request up to 4 supplementary cardholders at no extra cost.
- A rate of 1.25 points per dollar spent on everyday purchases is a decent reward for your spending.
- There is only up to 44 days interest-free when you make a purchase on this card.
- This card charges a relatively high annual fee of $249.
- A one-time 1% balance transfer fee applies.
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Bonus Points||30,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (AMEX)||1.25|
|Rewards Points per $ (AMEX) Cap||Uncapped|
Qantas American Express Premium Credit Card review
The Qantas American Express Premium Credit Card allows you to directly earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points on your everyday spending. It also has a signup bonus of 30,000 Qantas Points for new American Express customers.
As the name suggests, this premium credit card also comes with a range of other exclusive benefits, including complimentary domestic and international travel insurance, refund and purchase protection insurance and two Qantas Club lounge invitations each year after your first card spend on selected Qantas products and services.
Benefits of the Qantas American Express Premium Credit Card
If you decide to get the Qantas American Express Premium card, some of the benefits you'll enjoy include:
- 30,000 bonus points offer. If you're a new American Express customer, you can get 30,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 in the first 3 months of card membership. This offer is only available to new card members, as well as bank-issued American Express companion cardholders.
- Rewards program. This card has a standard earn rate of 1.25 Qantas Point on most card purchases, with the exception for spending on telecommunications companies, non-American Express provided insurance and government bodies, which earn 0.5 points per $1 spent. You can also earn 1 additional point on selected Qantas products and purchases in Australia.
- Balance transfer offer. Apply to move your existing debt to the Qantas American Express Premium Credit Card and you can enjoy 0% p.a. interest for the first 12 months (with a one-off 1% credit-plan establishment fee). Any balance remaining at the end of this period will revert to the standard variable purchase rate of 20.74% p.a.
- Additional cardholders. There is $0 annual fee for up to 4 additional cardholders. This allows you to share your account with a loved one and maximise your rewards in the process.
- Qantas Club Lounge invitations. Enjoy two complimentary Qantas Club Lounge invitations when you make an eligible purchase each anniversary year of your card membership.
- International and domestic travel insurance. Pay for your trip using the Qantas American Express Premium Credit Card to enjoy complimentary international and domestic travel insurance. Coverage includes transport accidents, travel inconvenience, medical emergency expenses, baggage, money and document cover and travel cancellation.
- Purchase protection. Any eligible items you buy using your card are covered against theft or damage for up to 90 days after the purchase date.
- Refund protection insurance. If a merchant refuses to provide a refund for an unused item you purchased with your card, you could be credited with that amount for up to 90 days from the purchase date.
- Contactless payments. The Qantas American Express Premium offers tap-and-go card payments, as well as compatibility with mobile payment services Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay so that you can choose the most convenient way to use your card for purchases at the checkout or online.
Features of the Qantas American Express Premium Credit Card
If you're considering applying for this card, make sure you also consider the following features.
- Interest rate. This card has a standard variable purchase rate of 20.74% p.a.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full by the statement due date each month, you can enjoy up to 44 days interest-free on eligible purchases.
- Annual fee. This card has an annual fee of $249.
- Balance transfer fee. This card charges a fee worth 1% of the total balance transfer. For example, it would cost you $50 to transfer $5,000 to this card.
- Late payment fee. If you don't pay at least the minimum required by the due date on your statement, you will pay a fee of $30.
How to apply for the Amex Qantas Premium Card
Applying for the Qantas American Express Premium Credit Card is simple and takes around 10-15 minutes online. Just click the "Go To Site" button on this page to start your secure application. But before you apply, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Citizenship status. You must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or temporary resident. For temporary residents: You must hold a 457 Visa - Business Long Stay Visa.
- Income. Your pre-tax income must be at least $40,000.
- Credit history. You must have good or excellent credit history.
If you meet the requirements above, you can start your application. To speed up this process, make sure you have the following details and documents handy.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address, phone number and drivers license or passport details.
- Employment details. This includes your salary information, as well as your employer's name, address and contact number.
- Income. As well as your salary, include details of any other forms of income, such as shares or investments.
- Other assets and liabilities. This includes investments and savings accounts, as well as your everyday expenses and ongoing payments such as rent, mortgages, loans and bills.
Once you’ve entered all the information required, press the "Submit" button and your application will be processed. You should get a response in around 60 seconds. An American Express customer service representative will be in touch if further information is required. If successful, your card will be sent to you. Then you just need to activate it and start using it to enjoy all the benefits on offer.
The Qantas American Express Premium Credit Card offers a wide range of benefits, including Qantas Points for everyday spending, lounge invitations and complimentary insurance. This card could be suitable if you regularly use your card to make purchases and can offset the cost of the annual fee and high standard variable interest rate. Just remember to compare other Qantas Frequent Flyer credit cards so that you can make sure you choose a product that suits your budget and your needs.Back to top