A fuel card that offers no transaction fees and other exclusive perks at 400+ Puma service stations around the country.
The Pumacard is a business-oriented fuel charge card that can be used at over 400 Puma stations, and because it's accepted wherever the WEX Motorpass is, at 90% of all fuel outlets – we are talking about 6,000 service stations across Australia! Benefits are not restricted to fuel, but extend to every element of vehicle maintenance with exclusive partnerships that provide discounts at various outlets catering to vehicle parts, accessories, and services.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Features and benefits of the Pumacard
You can acquire the following features and benefits from the Pumacard:
- Management of corporate car cash flow. The Pumacard comes with a single online platform for fuel, servicing, maintenance and repairs, car parking, roadside response, car rental, taxi and accommodation expenses into one monthly statement.
- Savings. Depending on the chosen variant, the business is entitled to a waiver of no transaction fees at all Puma service stations.
- Wide acceptance. There are over 400 Puma locations in Australia. As the Pumacard works wherever WEX Motorpass is accepted, you can use your Pumacard at over 6,000 participating fuel service stations around Australia.
- Vehicle-related discounts. The Pumacard has exclusive partnerships with multiple auto retailers and offers rebates with companies such as Supercheap Auto, tyres-providers such as Bridgestone and Beaurepaires as well as vehicle service providers such as Ultra Tune, Lube Mobile and MIDAS. However, this feature is not applicable on Puma Direct cards.
- Payment terms. You’re required to pay off purchases 21 days after the month of purchase.
Fees and costs
The Pumacard comes at the cost of the following fees:
- Statement fees. Email statements don’t collect fees, but paper statements will be charged at $3.95 per statement.
- Monthly management fee. The Pumacard has a monthly management fee of $2.50 per card.
- Late payment fee. A fee of is charged as an administration fee along with an additional overdue payment fee of 3.00% per month for the amount overdue.
- Billing administration fee. A billing administration fee of 1.3% applies to all Visa & Mastercard transactions, and 2.1% to all American Express transactions. There is no applicable fee if you opt to pay by direct debit from your bank account, cheque or BPAY.
- Transaction fee. If you use the card at a non-Puma station, you'll be charged $0.50 per transaction.
How to apply
The application process of Pumacard is available both offline and online. It is worth noting that the online application is only intended towards small fleets. If your business requires more than 10 fuel cards, you are advised to contact the sales team directly.
Please note that you’ll be required to provide the following information to apply for the card:
When signing up for the card, you should be an authorised representative of the company. You’ll also be required to provide your full name and contact details. You’ll be asked to set a credit limit to determine how much can be charged to the account. The credit limit you’re approved for will be determined through a credit assessment process. Lastly, you’ll have to provide contact details of the external accountant and two trade references.
- Corporate structure. You have to confirm whether your business identifies as a company, partnership, sole trader or incorporated club/association or other.
- ABN. You’re required to enter your business’ ABN and then the application will use the ABR database to auto populate the other required fields.
- Business details. You’ll need to include your business name, which will be embossed on the card.
- Card details. You’ll need to confirm whether the card is for the vehicle only, driver only or both.
- Payment details. You’ll also be asked to nominate how you’d like to pay your account, your options being direct debit or credit card on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis.
The Pumacard offers flexibility depending on your requirements and convenience to cardholders with business vehicles. As this is not the only such card in the market, you’ll need to compare a few cards to ensure that this one is the right fit for you.