Transfer balances to pay a low balance transfer rate for 12 months, and pay a discounted annual fee for life.
The Pulse CU Low Rate Mastercard comes with a special balance transfer offer where you pay a low balance transfer rate for the first 12 months. You can keep paying a discounted annual fee for the life of the card. Purchases made using this card not only enjoy a low rate, but also receive protection from complimentary insurance covers.
|Product Name||Pulse Credit Union Low Rate Mastercard|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 12 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (21.74% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||12.99% p.a.|
|Offer end date||31 January 2019|
|Annual fee||$75 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period is the maximum number of days during which interest is not charged on new purchases. This only applies if you pay your closing balance in full by the statement due date.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately upon application. This is the maximum credit limit available on this card and you can apply for increases after the account has been opened.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3.4% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$75 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $30 whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$10|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)||3.4% of transaction value|
|Cash Advance Fee||$3.50 (or 3.50% of amount when >= $100) for each cash advance|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||$5|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||4|
Benefits of the Pulse CU Low Rate Mastercard
- Balance transfer offer. You can save a considerable sum if you use this card to transfer balances from existing cards, which is because this card charges a low balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for the first 12 months.
- Low interest rate. This card comes with a low variable purchase rate of 12.99% p.a. and this low rate can be particularly useful if you don’t pay off your balance in full each statement period.
- Complimentary insurance covers. Complimentary purchase cover insurance provides protection to purchases made using this low rate card against loss, theft, and damage. If a product you buy using this card goes on sale within a given time period, you can get a refund for the price difference through the guaranteed pricing scheme.
- Easy access to funds. You can use this low rate Mastercard in most countries around the world, anywhere you see the Mastercard logo. This includes to withdraw money from ATMs or to make purchases in-store using EFTPOS. You can also make use of this card for making purchases and paying bills, online and over the phone.
Pulse CU Low Rate Mastercard features
- Annual fee. Enjoy the features of this card for less. Applying for the Pulse CU Low Rate Mastercard before 31 January 2019 enables you to keep paying a discounted annual fee of $49.
- Interest-free days. Paying the closing balance in full every month gives you the ability to get as many as 55 interest-free days on purchases.
- Additional cards. You can nominate up to 4 individuals aged over 16 years to be additional cardholders. Remember, you remain liable for all purchases they make using their additional cards.
- Mastercard PayPass. If your transaction comes to under $100, and if you see the PayPass sign, you can use this card to make contactless payments.
- Card security. This microchip-enabled credit card offers increased protection against fraud when compared to magnetic strip cards. Fraudshield is in place to detect irregular transactions, and if any such transaction is detected you receive a phone call immediately. Mastercard SecureCode provides an added layer of security in the online world.
How to apply for the Pulse CU Low Rate Mastercard
You can apply for the Pulse CU Low Rate Mastercard by visiting any Pulse CU branch or by speaking to a Pulse CU lending specialist over the phone.
- You should be a permanent resident of Australia.
- You should be over the age of 18 years.
- You should earn a minimum of $25,000 p.a.
- You should have good creditworthiness.
- Your Australian driver’s license or passport
- Proof of income in the form of last two payslips
- Details regarding your debt and expenditure
While the balance transfer offer this low rate Mastercard comes with can lead to savings, know that there are other cards that can help you save, you still have the option to compare few more credit cards.Back to top