finder.com.au is seeking a talented Publishing Support Executive in their Sydney CBD office to join our fast growing and driven team
Accountabilities & Commitment:
A finder.com.au 'Publishing Support' has a wide range of skills in the areas of content improvement, content ideas generation, editing, writing, content management, SEO, monetisation, internet marketing, and editorial team management. Your work will always differ from day-to-day but your prime responsibility is to drive the editorial of the finder.com.au websites to the highest standard in Australia in personal finance, insurance, telco, shopping & travel and future markets on the horizon for finder.com.au.
The following is a list of the type of work you will perform:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Actioning offer changes including: updating our product database, peer review of offer updates, checking pages on the site to ensure offers are correct and up to date
- Updating website product related content including: Briefing the editorial team on new content pieces, updating existing product pages, writing and editing product descriptions, copywriting and headline improvements.
- Content formatting & layout design - improve the design & layout of articles to optimise for readability and conversion rate optimisation.
- PR - Assisting our PR team with data research and comparison information
- Pitching new content concepts and projects for our websites
- Media creation - helping to produce/co-ordinate video production, images, diagrams & tables to make improve content
- Testing & Experiments - run regular split tests/multivariate tests to determine the best copy, content layouts and configuration to achieve content objectives.
- Advanced Research - extensive research methods to ensure holistic & comprehensive content is produced that is unique & compelling and provides genuine value to finder.com.au users.
- Advanced On-Page SEO - understanding of the latest search engine ranking factors to ensure our content has the best possibility visibility within search engine results pages.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Passion for writing and editorial and the art of creating remarkable website content that is evergreen and helps users make a decision about their financial matters.
- Passion for helping Australians through financial education
- Someone who does not procrastinate, with a bias towards taking action and is proactive
- Strong design aesthetic which will be reflected in the finder.com.au content projects
- Ability to take part in good debate in the interest of improving our content and our user experience across our websites.
- Work effectively with internal and external writers to schedule and publish high-quality content on the site that will not only assist users in making an informed decision on their purchase but also drive revenue and profits for finder.com.au
- Identify low quality content and make it superior to competitors and evergreen
- Optimise content for the web to improve and rank highly in natural search
- Report and analyse on the performance of content that has been published
- It is expected that you
- Don’t need hand holding
- Be prepared to personally improve your skills and productivity
- Share information and skills with your colleagues and build the Hive.
- Vacuum information, learn from experts to become superior
- Are self motivated
- Seek to improve and become dominant
Essential Requirements of the role:
- Continuous development and improvement of your business and technical skills. This will also be facilitated through company funded training.
- Fluent in HTML and ability to do basic graphic design changes in Adobe Photoshop
- An Enterprising Attitude
- Proactive and 'get it done' attitude
- A genuine belief in our work and desire to dominate
- You take responsibility for your own actions
- Professional attention to detail and deadlines
- Resourceful when spending company funds
- Competitive, helpful and supportive attitude to our company’s goals
- High-energy, enthusiastic, flexible, ethical, can-do attitude to your work
- Ensuring every single page on our website is compliant and has accurate and up to date product information
- Assist in lifting the quality and product knowledge level of the entire finder.com.au content base to be higher and more detailed than any other financial publication in Australia.
- Assisting in scaling publishing processes to achieve superior results with high ROI - cost of content to the amount of traffic and revenue that is made from the content.
- Assisting to increase the return rate of website visitors - Create a higher standard of content that is high quality and completes the loop in providing users answers to their questions.
- Publishing, writing and editing content to achieve company goals, satisfy users and make money for Finder. Our users should never have a reason to leave our sites
- Analysing and reporting on performance of content - never just hit publish and forget about an article
- Constant improvement of content already live on the site
- Are we satisfying the users intent?
- How can we increase conversion?
- Does this page answer every question related to the topic it is focusing on?
- How can we make this page beautiful?
- Work with PR team
- Identify new media opportunities
- Assist in researching of topics/stories
- Identify opportunities for technological improvements on site
- Brief to tech and help manage execution of task
- Brief in tools and technology to improve publishing efficiency & effectiveness
- Maintain finder.com.au content to be the most comprehensive and accurate in Australia
- Improve content that sets the benchmark for the finder.com.au brand
Why you should join our team & how to apply:
finder.com.au was considered the “Anthill’s Top 50 Coolest Companies in Australia (2013)” and here are some reasons why:
- Young & dynamic team culture
- Strong Emphasis on staff development
- Open plan office to encourage collaboration
- Fast adoption of technology to improve business processes
- Free lunch supplied daily and delivered straight to our door
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you are looking for, email your answers for the below questions, a one page cover letter outlining past achievements and why you want to work with us together with a copy of your resume to email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you!
- 4 + 7 x 6 + 231 ÷ 7 = ?
- Using the example, “Cross, Tie, Rain” Answer = “Bow”. What is the fourth word that can be used to relate all the following three words “High, Wheel, Rocking”?
- What is the missing letter in the series “B - E - H - K - N - __ - T”?
- How many Lego pieces can fit into a Mini Cooper? (Describe how you reached your answer)