Property news archive
Finder's archive of property news and analysis.
Find all the latest property market and home loans news on our main news page.
- St.George cuts lenders mortgage insurance to $1 for first home buyers with 15% deposits
- Podcast: How to plan a realistic wedding budget
- NAB cuts rates for home buyers, beating out its Big Four rivals
- Podcast: Can you really make money from a side hustle?
- Podcast: Roger Montgomery talks about the best time to buy stocks
- Podcast: Tax time tips for EOFY 2020
- What does the future hold for property investment?
- How to cut $5,000 in home loan interest in one year
- Fixed rate home loans are now the lowest rates on the market
- Unprecedented measures: Australia’s coronavirus economic stimulus and how it affects you
- Every lender passing on the RBA’s surprise second March 2020 rate cut
- What’s really behind the RBA’s emergency mid-month rate cut?
- RBA makes unprecedented mid-month rate cut as coronavirus wreaks economic havoc
- How is coronavirus affecting the Australian property market?
- RBA cash rate cuts: All the lenders passing on March rate cuts to borrowers
- Master your mortgage: A review of Nicole Pedersen-McKinnon’s How to Get Mortgage Free Like Me
- RBA slices the cash rate down to a razor-thin 0.50%
- How CommBank’s Home Loan Compassionate Care can help borrowers dealing with death and illness
- Finder’s Pocket Money podcast – Season 2 announced
- Property prices still below 2017 peak, but rising fast
- The 3 pieces of advice I always give first home buyers
- Want a 40 basis point discount on your mortgage interest rate? Go green
- Where should you buy property in 2020?
- Australian economy, housing market and recession forecast for 2020
- Predicting Australian property trends in 2020
- 10 mistakes to avoid when you start investing in property
- A closer look at Australia’s rising property prices
- Podcast: How to travel responsibly around the world
- Podcast: The top property investing mistakes to avoid, with Michael Yardney
- You can get a very low 2.59% mortgage rate as part of a Black Friday deal
- What does a competitive mortgage rate look like in November 2019?
- Digital bank 86 400 launches fast digital mortgages with help from brokers
- Podcast: Finch app and the future of personal finance
- The tax rules you need to know before listing your property on Airbnb
- Fintech will give us more data about our properties and help us make better purchases
- Podcast: How Up is building a bank for Generation Z
- Government orders ACCC inquiry into mortgage rates
- Podcast: How much Australians are really spending on travel
- Podcast: A beginner’s guide to passive income
- All the lenders passing on the October 2019 cash rate cut (updated)
- RBA Cut: 7 predictions for October 2019
- RBA cuts the cash rate again in October
- Podcast: What does your net worth really mean?
- 4 reasons the RBA could cut the cash rate again in October
- Is the Australian property market starting to recover?
- 12 reasons why Australia is heading for recession in 2020
- Dead cat bounce or shining recovery? The RBA holds as house prices rise
- Property prices rise (ever so slightly) in 5 capital cities
- Is now a good time to refinance?
- Explainer: What’s going on with the RBA cash rate?
- 4 ways you can take advantage of falling mortgage rates
- APRA has just made it easier to get a home loan
- Loyalty to your lender could be costing you thousands
- 5 ways to pay off your home loan faster and save serious money
- Here are all the mortgage lenders passing on the latest RBA cash rate cut
- The Reserve Bank cuts the cash rate to 1%
- Property prices in Sydney and Melbourne record the first faint rises since 2017
- Just how low will the cash rate go?
- So the RBA has cut rates: What next?
- Don’t wait to get ahead
Read more on this topic
NAB cuts rates for home buyers, beating out its Big Four rivals With owner-occupier rates falling to 2.19%, NAB is now the most competitive of the Big Four banks.
Hume Bank Fixed Home Loan - 2 Year Rate A review of the Hume Bank Fixed - 2 Year Rate. Learn more about this product.
How to cut $5,000 in home loan interest in one year The ACCC is urging consumers not to settle for the advertised headline variable rate when considering a new home loan.
Reduce Rate Slasher Variable Home Loan A review of the Reduce Rate Slasher Variable Home Loan. This loan has a 100% offset account.
Buying and selling property during coronavirus Your guide to property transactions during the coronavirus pandemic.
Fixed rate home loans are now the lowest rates on the market The coronavirus, financial forecasts and RBA decisions have made fixed mortgage rates incredibly competitive. For now.
Coronavirus and home loan refinancing The coronavirus pandemic is a good time to look at refinancing your mortgage to recession-proof your finances.
Rental relief and coronavirus: Support for Australian tenants who can't pay rent A guide to renter support during coronavirus, include government policies, welfare payments and more information for tenants who can't pay rent.
Coronavirus mortgage relief and repayment help A run-down of the coronavirus support packages offered by Australian lenders and other ways you can get help.
Every lender passing on the RBA's surprise second March 2020 rate cut Check if your lender is passing on the cut and offering you a lower variable mortgage rate (and if they're not, here's what you should do).
Ask an Expert