Property news archive
Finder's archive of property news and analysis.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Find all the latest property market and home loans news on our main news page.
- 8 big economist predictions for 2022 (and how they impact you)
- Housing affordability is in the toilet (and the toilet’s getting expensive)
- Room for improvement: Renters are less happy, more stressed than homeowners
- Could investors make it harder for you to buy a home in 2022?
- Finder’s RBA survey: 77% of experts say major banks will follow CBA’s crypto decision
- RBA’s cash rate call means homebuyers can breathe easy until February
- Finder’s RBA survey: 73% of experts say rental prices will increase significantly
- 5 ways to make your home greener and save money
- CommBank’s big rate call
- Westpac and CBA forecast exactly when property prices will fall
- How I saved $16k by refinancing my home loan twice in 2 years
- 3 reasons being a first home buyer right now isn’t as bad as you think
- Australian property price growth is slowing, slowing… gone?
- Finder’s RBA Survey: 68% foresee a labour shortage as international travel returns
- RBA holds cash rate, but your home loan has other plans
- Finder’s RBA survey: Sydney property prices to rise another $102,000 in 2022
- Ethical property investing: How to give back and bank cash
- The best time to fix your mortgage rate? Yesterday
- Why I decided to invest in property in my 20s and how I made it happen
- House deposit drain: How long it takes to save in Australia’s priciest suburbs
- Not now: Just 35% think it’s a good time to buy property
- The key to investing in property during lockdown
- Home stretch: 1 in 3 Aussies would move if they could work from anywhere
- New APRA home rules kick in Nov 1 – How do they impact you?
- RBA Survey: Half of experts say Big Four will raise rates out of cycle, cash rate holds
- RBA keeps mortgage rates cheap ahead of proposed lending crackdown
- RBA survey: 56% of experts predict a cashless Australia by 2031
- How to buy a home ‘virtually’ in lockdown – without getting duped
- Super low 1.59% home loan rate – but what’s the catch?
- I’m a home loans expert, so why am I getting ripped off?
- Why “20-minute cities” are set for a property boom
- RBA Survey: Experts predict $76,000 increase in property in next 12 months
- RBA cash rate hold: Why Aussies are refinancing in record numbers
- 82% of experts say vaccine passports are an economic necessity
- Home loan CEO reveals: How to manage predicted mortgage rate rises
- Rising tension: Home loan rate rise would put 1 in 20 Aussies in strife
- COVID construction: How to build a house when half the country is locked down
- 10 costs you don’t even know about until you buy a home
- First homebuyer’s secret to buying in Sydney’s booming property market
- These 3 figures show exactly how hard it is to save a house deposit now
- RBA holds cash rate, here’s why home buyers still aren’t benefiting
- RBA survey: 63% of experts say Sydney lockdowns could cause another recession
- UBank cuts and raises fixed rates: Here’s where you’ll find the biggest savings
- CBA’s new 0.99% green home loan: Who’s eligible + how to get it
- Property pump persists: 3 million Australians plan to buy before 2022
- As lockdown tightens, what relief are banks offering for home loan customers?
- Eviction moratorium for NSW renters and $1,500 grants for landlords
- Luxe Listings Sydney star’s tips to buy in a booming property market
- AFCA approves $240m in refunds and penalties: Could you be due compensation?
- More than you bargained for: Only 19% believe you can buy property for the asking price
- RBA Survey: 73% of experts say Sydney’s lockdown will wipe $2bn or more off Australia’s GDP
- Why RBA cash rate hold is good for borrowers, bad for affordability
- RBA survey: 68% of experts say NSW property prices will peak this year
- How your postcode could derail your home ownership dreams
- 5 tax tips every Australian property investor needs to know this financial year
- Property prices: You need a $100K deposit in every capital city – except this one
- NSW first home owners tax reform offers 25K grants
- Westpac home loan rate rise: 3 things you need to know
- Home loans take months, how does this bank do 7-day approvals?
- Finder’s RBA Survey: 87% of experts say consumer saving will dip as cash rate holds
More guides on Finder
Rapid antigen tests: When will RAT stock be available? [UPDATED]
Rapid antigen tests are proving extremely hard to find, but there are options if you can be patient trying to find a RAT.
Bitcoin price showcases signs of a local bottom but emerging inflation data suggests more dips
The US Consumer Price Index (CPI) has continued to touch relative highs in recent months, giving rise to fears that more inflation may be on the cards in the near term.
Ethereum’s price reflects market sentiment in general with no immediate respite in sight
Ethereum’s price woes were recently compounded by news of prominent trading platform LCX revealing that one of its ETH hot wallets had been compromised.
January’s best balance transfer credit card offers
Want to pay off your credit card in 2022? These 0% balance transfer offers give you a way to save on interest for up to 36 months.
How to watch Euphoria season 2 online in Australia
The popular teen drama promises an epic season 2.
Back to school costs 2022
Parents will fork out $20.3 billion on back to school costs this year - $3,621 each for primary students and $6,957 for secondary students.
New on Netflix, Prime Video, Disney Plus, Stan, Foxtel, BINGE and more in January 2022
You can easily elevate your binge-watching game in the New Year.
Influencers to follow to educate yo’self in 2022
From bodi posi influencers to political activists, make your daily scrolls more meaningful with these inspiring icons on your feed.
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE first look review: Is it worth $999?
The new Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G has some impressive specs and features, but is it enough to warrant a $999 price tag in Australia?
Ask an Expert