Property news archive
Finder's archive of property news and analysis.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Find all the latest property market and home loans news on our main news page.
- 5 tax tips every Australian property investor needs to know this financial year
- Property prices: You need a $100K deposit in every capital city – except this one
- NSW first home owners tax reform offers 25K grants
- Westpac home loan rate rise: 3 things you need to know
- Home loans take months, how does this bank do 7-day approvals?
- Finder’s RBA Survey: 87% of experts say consumer saving will dip as cash rate holds
- Why are Aussies rushing to refinance their home loans?
- RBA Survey: Average Sydney house price to increase by $216,300 in 2021, say experts
- Property unaffordable for essential workers – is there a solution?
- VIC stamp duty changes: How to avoid higher homebuying costs
- How to turn your $1,080 tax cut into $70,000+
- What first home buyers want and don’t want
- Finder’s CST: Just 49% say it’s a good time to buy property, a drop of 18 points
- Most lenders are raising home loan rates, why is this one cutting them?
- Instant home loan approval – are you eligible?
- Finder’s Consumer Sentiment Tracker: Trust in big banks up 19 points from 2019
- Finder RBA Survey: Mortgage borrowing to keep surging as cash rate holds at 0.10%
- RBA holds – but can your bank increase your interest rate anyway?
- RBA Survey: 47% of experts say recent house price growth is “unsustainable”
- Multiple banks increase fixed home loan rates – more to follow?
- First home buyers are paying an average of $6,353 in unexpected costs
- Property investment up 31% – should first home buyers worry?
- 53% of first home buyers bought sooner than they planned
- Property prices could rise 17%: Which city will be cheapest by 2022?
- Mortgage interest rates hit new low – what’s the catch?
- House prices boom, but apartments “risky” – should you still buy one?
- From down payment to dealbreaker: Average house deposit now exceeds $100k
- Out of cycle: How your home loan rate could increase this year, even if the cash rate doesn’t
- Finder’s RBA Cash Rate Survey: 60% of experts blame BNPL for drop in credit cards
- Finder’s RBA Cash Rate Survey: 74% of experts fear first home buyers will be pushed out of market
- RBA holds again: Is it time to fix your mortgage rate?
- Will APRA property regulators ever act to cool house prices?
- First home buyer skips Sydney property for half-price regional home
- Is now a good time to refinance?
- How Australia Post is speeding up home loans
- How did Australia’s property market go from predicted collapse to roaring comeback?
- First home buyers aren’t screwed: Experts explain why
- 43% of COVID-19 “Boomerang Generation” leave the nest again
- Will scrapping responsible lending rules make it even harder to buy a home?
- Westpac’s mega-low home loan: Will more Big Four banks follow?
- 76% of bank’s customers ahead on home loans shows it’s easier than you think
- Boom or bubble: What the next 24 months will look like for the Australian property market
- 68% of experts say units are a “risky investment”, divided on responsible lending
- RBA holds cash rate – what do economists predict is next?
- Finder RBA Cash Rate Survey: Experts predict 12% rise in property prices by 2023
- Sydney property boom: Buy now before prices soar?
- Will anything stop Australia’s property prices booming?
- CommBank 0.99% Green Loan: Can you get it?
- JobKeeper’s ending, will your job end too?
- 5 things you need to know about refinancing your home loan in the current climate
- Show me the money: 1 in 4 Australians would prefer a cashback loan
- Finder’s RBA Cash Rate Survey: Positivity around employment at record high, housing affordability nosedives
- RBA holds the cash rate: Why that means low interest rates and higher house prices
- Finder’s RBA Cash Rate Survey: Record refinancing to continue, house prices to jump
- Neobank bought by NAB: What does this mean for 86 400 customers?
- A 1.75% fixed rate home loan hits the market, but how long will it last?
- 10 weeks until HomeBuilder ends: Is it too late to apply?
- 6 signs it’s time to see a financial adviser
- Proven way for millennials to save a $100,000 home deposit
- How your mortgage can get you big credit card savings
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day’s best deals on big-ticket items: Up to 46% off
From segways to stand up paddle boards, these are the best Prime Day savings on the most expensive items.
Nacon RIG 500 Pro HC Gen 2 review: Super comfortable gaming headphones
The Nacon Rig 500 Pro HC headphones have wide console and PC compatibility, Dolby Atmos licensing and a genuinely comfortable design, even for longer gaming sessions.
Oppo Find X3 Neo 5G review: Oppo’s better flagship phone
The Oppo Find X3 Neo lacks the utter flagship features of the Find X3 Pro, but you won't miss them, while you will enjoy its lower price point.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Milton Corporation (MLT ↑16.0%), Oneview Healthcare (ONE ↑12.8%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 22 June 2021.
Mobile plans are now more expensive, but here’s a hack to save $200 a year
Telstra, Optus, and Vodafone keep raising their prices even as the rest of the market is more affordable than ever.
Prime Day VR gaming deal: $60 off the Oculus Quest 2
Amazon is selling the standalone Oculus Quest 2 virtual-reality headset for $432.12. You can also score $77 off the 256GB version.
Barefoot Investor: How to watch Scott Pape’s Money Movement docu-series online
This fresh docu-series features the one and only Barefoot Investor.
Prime Day’s best health and fitness deals: Garmin, FitBit, PranaOn
Stocking up on your favourite supplements or adding to your home gym, Amazon has got you covered with these red-hot offers.
Ask an Expert