Property investors are satisfied customers: survey
The vast majority of property investors feel they made the right decision when purchasing their property, a new survey shows.
A survey by Mortgage Choice found that 94.4% of Australian property investors were happy with their property purchase. Mortgage Choice chief executive John Flavell said the results were unsurprising, as property had proven to be a “lucrative and safe asset class”.
“Recent research conducted by CoreLogic found property prices rose 10.9% across the combined capital cities over the 12 months to January. When you combine this impressive price growth with the fact that both vacancy rates and interest rates continue to sit at historical lows, it is little wonder why so many Australians perceive property investment as a savvy financial decision,” Flavell said.
In spite of some predictions of a property market slowdown in 2017, Flavell said property would continue to be a sound investment class, particularly over the long term.
“At the end of the day, no one has a crystal ball and we cannot know what will happen in the future. That said, one thing we know for sure is that property has time and time again proven itself to be a lucrative asset,” he said.
- Why “20-minute cities” are set for a property boom
- RBA Survey: Experts predict $76,000 increase in property in next 12 months
- 82% of experts say vaccine passports are an economic necessity
- Home loan CEO reveals: How to manage predicted mortgage rate rises
- Rising tension: Home loan rate rise would put 1 in 20 Aussies in strife