The first meeting with a Financial Spectrum financial planner is free
Two time finalists in the Sydney Business Awards, the team at Financial Spectrum gives financial advice backed by years of investment experience. They can help you navigate the complex world of financial products and investment, or take the leg work out of managing an existing portfolio.
There’s a reasonably priced package for people who only want a small number of meetings, like to have a chat about their future and to ask any burning questions about their finances. And they offer full service ongoing financial plans too. You can even have a meeting with your financial planner over Skype if you're out of town.
Who is Financial Spectrum?
Financial Spectrum is a Sydney based financial planning agency. They have three offices in Sydney: in the CBD, Rozelle and Bondi. But, if you can’t make a meeting, you can always have a chat with your financial planner over Skype.
All Financial Spectrum financial planners are authorised representatives for Spectrum Wealth, who hold an Australian Financial Services Licence.
Areas of advice
Financial Spectrum is independently owned. Know that you’re getting expert advice across a range of financial products in the following areas.
- Strategic financial advice and financial consulting services.
- Planning investments.
- Planning for retirement, superannuation & self managed super funds.
- Estate planning.
- Personal financial review services.
- Assistance with getting finance, planning debt and gearing.
Financial Spectrum's services
Financial Spectrum offer the following services:
- The $390 Meeting. This is made up of two one-hour consultations. In the meeting, you can talk to your financial planner about your life goals and financial objectives, and will then have a look at your finances to see if there’s anything you can be doing to get more cash coming in. This could be a good introduction to financial planning if you’re not ready for a financial planner full time. It’s also a good chance to pick the brain of a professional. You can cover a lot of ground in two meetings with a financial planner if you’re prepared for the meeting.
- Ongoing financial advice. Financial Spectrum are focused on providing a financial plan that’s going to make you money. Financial Spectrum deals with the full range of asset classes, including residential property, and they can work with you to plan for your retirement. They can help you with your self managed super fund, or work towards a passive income from property.
- Financial review. A financial review is a check-up for your financial plan. As you progress through life, your goals are likely to change, and your financial plan will need to change too. The financial review looks at a number of areas to see whether your plan is the best to help you reach your goals. The financial review has a look at your income and cash flow; expenses and liabilities; your family situation and insurance needs, investment portfolio performance and superannuation assessment; and whether it’s possible to grow your wealth in a new economic environment.
Does Financial Spectrum get incentives from providers for giving advice?
Financial Spectrum is an individually owned financial planning agency, but they do get incentivised by some providers when they make a referral. Some providers of financial products can pay a commission to Financial Spectrum based on the total amount of money all the advisors at Financial Spectrum have referred to the provider in a particular period of time. Your Financial Spectrum Financial Planner will tell you if they receive any incentive for recommending a particular financial product.
Any benefit over $300 is listed in a register available for anyone to have a look at. This is in accordance with the Financial Planning Association Code of Practice.
Financial Spectrum fees
Financial Spectrum charge a one-off flat fee for your financial plan. Each plan is tailor made for their customers, so the price of each financial plan is different. Expect to pay at least $800 for the most basic financial plan. For short meetings, there’s the $390 deal, which gets you two one hour meetings. If you require the ongoing services of a financial planner, it’s going to be more expensive.
Typically, a plan from Financial Spectrum costs between $2,500 and $6,500. Some financial plans can cost up to $15,000.
Ways to pay for your financial plan with Financial Spectrum.
Pay for your financial plan outright - upfront, or enter into a payment plan with Financial Spectrum.
- Part now, part later. They let you pay part of their fee upfront and a portion remains as a credit. If you earn money by following the plan given to you by your financial advisor, it will go to paying back your bill with Financial Spectrum first. This is a pretty good sign of confidence from Financial Spectrum that their financial plan is going to work in your favour.
- Pay in instalments. You can also pay for your financial plan back in instalments over one year. There is a 12% surcharge if you go for this payment option.
How to get in touch with a Financial Spectrum Financial Spectrum
If you would like to contact Financial Spectrum to discuss a financial plan, you can visit their website, financialspectrum.com.au, or:
- Send them an email: email@example.com
- Call them on 02 8238 0888.
- Send them a fax on 02 8238 0808
- Write to them at:
Financial Spectrum Pty Ltd.
Level 2, 62 Pitt St.
Sydney NSW 2000.