Property dispute lawyer (free quote)

Protect your property rights and interests with the help of a property dispute lawyer.

We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!

Property is one of the biggest investments you can make. When property disputes arise, you want to solve them promptly and conclusively to safeguard your property rights. For this, you can work with an experienced property dispute lawyer. Find out what you need to know about these lawyers, including how to find one, in this guide.

Name Product Free consultation Starting price Fixed fees Areas of practice
$49 / year
Business, consumer law, E-commerce, data and privacy, finance, consumer law
Sprintlaw offers affordable online legal services tailored for SMEs and startups.
$79 per month (basic membership billed monthly)

$69 per month (legal advice plan billed annually at $828)
Legal documents, company registration, business, employment
Lawpath is a legal services platform that provides solutions for a wide array of legal needs.
$49 + GST per week
Business, employment, IT, franchising, data and privacy, banking and finance, E-commerce
LegalVision employs technology to help connect startups, SMEs, and corporations to lawyers.
Owen Hodge Lawyers
Owen Hodge Lawyers
Consult with the provider for a quotation.
Real estate, family, personal injury, mortgage, immigration, business
Get assistance from an experienced lawyer for a range of business and personal legal issues. Available for Sydney-based clients only.
Turnbull Hill Lawyers
Consult with the provider for a quotation.
Family, wills, estates, claims, criminal law, business, corporate litigation, employment
Work with a professional legal team on personal and business law issues including family law and wills and estates. Available in Sydney, Newcastle, and the Hunter and Central Coast regions.

Compare up to 4 providers

What is a property dispute lawyer?

A property dispute lawyer is a licensed legal professional who is trained and experienced in property dispute law. These lawyers work with property owners – individual or commercial – who have property-related disputes. They give these property owners legal advice as well as representation in the event disputes lead to litigation.

Property dispute lawyer

When should I use a property dispute lawyer?

You can use a property dispute lawyer when you have a property-related dispute you need to solve. The disputes can relate to:

  • Commercial property contracts
  • Property settlements
  • Leasing
  • Conveyancing
  • Land subdividing and zoning
  • Easements and caveats

Property dispute lawyers vs conveyancing lawyers

A property dispute lawyer is a legal professional involved in the settlement of disputes relating to property. They work with parties that have interests in properties and can help with property disputes. These lawyers offer services across a wide area of property law, encompassing sale and purchase transactions, leasing, remortgaging and zoning and subdivision.

A conveyancing lawyer is also a legal professional dealing with property. However, they focus their practice on matters relating to title transfer. This is mostly about sale and purchase agreements.

What does a property dispute lawyer do and not do?

A property dispute lawyer offers legal counsel and representation to clients with regard to property matters.

What they will do

  • Recovering land from unlawful squatters
  • Solving disputes around property rights
  • Recovering commercial rents and service charges
  • Extending or ending leases
  • Transferring equity in property
  • Resolving easements and caveats
  • Effecting auction sales and tenders

What they won't do

A property dispute lawyer does not offer legal services outside the area of property disputes, for example, family law or workers' compensation law counsel.

How effective is a property dispute lawyer?

Property disagreements come in various forms. A property dispute lawyer has experience resolving disputes relating to property contracts, council matters, property financing, bank acquisitions and tenancy problems. Some of these disputes can pit the owner of a property against neighbors, owners' corporations, local authorities or government agencies. A property dispute lawyer can offer counsel during mediation and, should a dispute evolve into a legal case, offer court representation.

The lawyer should be knowledgeable about legislation and common law rules governing property rights as well as the court procedures for initiating property-related claims. Where negotiations between differing parties do not lead to an amicable resolution, the lawyer can pursue legal resolutions through court processes. They will initiate a claim on behalf of the client, present a case that strongly favors them and then counter arguments from the opposing side. The lawyer will facilitate a quick resolution of the matter, giving the client peace of mind.

Where to get a free quote for a property dispute lawyer

You can get a free quote for a property dispute lawyer through one of the following services:

  • Lawpath. This is an online legal marketplace with over 1,000 lawyers registered. You can sign up on the platform, describe the legal problem you have and receive up to three quotes from lawyers who can help.
  • LegalVision. An online private law firm, LegalVision grants access to legal documents and counsel to subscribed members.
  • State law societies. Australian state law societies have lawyer search tools that can connect users to property dispute lawyers near them. These lawyers are licensed and capable of helping residents with their property disputes.

More guides on Finder

Ask an Expert

You are about to post a question on

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Finder only provides general advice and factual information, so consider your own circumstances, or seek advice before you decide to act on our content. By submitting a question, you're accepting our Terms of Use, Disclaimer & Privacy Policy and Privacy & Cookies Policy.
Go to site