Your guide on how to use promo codes to save you the big bucks.
Looking for a bargain? You’ve come to the right place. We’re the experts in saving you heaps on your online shop, and one of our biggest tips to doing that is by using promo codes. If you’ve never used them before, here’s a quick overview of what you need to know to start getting more bang for your buck when you shop online.
What are promo codes?
Promo codes are codes that you can use to get a discount on a certain item or on your order. They can also be called:
- Promotional codes
- Coupon codes
- Discount codes
- Discount vouchers
How do I use my promo code?
How you can redeem your promo code will be different for every retailer. Usually you’ll find an option to ‘use’ or ‘redeem’ your code during the payment process. You will usually be asked to enter your coupon code during the checkout stage. Keep an eye out for it – some stores will try to hide this step! There will usually be a box that looks like this:
If you can’t find where to enter your promotion code, take a look at our coupon code page for that particular brand. We’ve provided step by step instructions on how to use your code with each retailer.
Why isn’t my promo code working?
Is your promo code coming back as ‘invalid’? It might just be a simple typing error. Other reasons why your code might not be working include:
- It’s expired: Many promo codes are only valid for a limited time period. These dates are usually stated in their terms and conditions, so if you’re trying to redeem them past their due, they won’t work.
- Exclusions apply: Some codes won’t work for certain brands or for sale stock. The details on what is excluded are usually stated in the terms and conditions.
- It’s case sensitive: Although usually not a problem, some codes may be case sensitive. To avoid this, always copy and paste the codes from us before using them.
- Your location: Some merchants geo-restrict their codes, which means it might only be valid in a certain country.
- The code hasn't been activated properly: If in doubt, it's always good to call the retailer up if a code isn't working. Sometimes they haven't properly activated the code on their end, and they're usually quite nice about fixing it up for you then and there. After all, they want you to shop with them!
Are there any active codes at the moment?
If you see a code on our of our pages, the answer is: yes! We offer the best promo codes for your shopping needs that actually WORK. If there are no active codes, we will tell you there are none at the moment. Simple as that. (But rest assured, we’ll be working to rectify that situation.)
Want to see what codes and deals are available RIGHT NOW? Click here to find out:
Where can I find coupon codes?
Right at finder.com.au! As your expert coupon code hunters, we source the best codes and deals available to you online. We also work closely with retailers and try to offer as many exclusive codes (that you can only obtain from our website) as possible, so that you reap all the savings. Aside from us, you can also find coupon codes on the merchant’s website or, if you’re a newsletter subscriber, in your inbox. PS – did you know that finder.com.au sends out a weekly deals newsletter with the hottest deals of the week? Create an account with us to sign up to it today.
Can I use two promotional codes on the same order?
Sometimes you find two amazing deals, for example: 60% off your order and free shipping. Some retailers will allow you to use both. Most, however, will limit you to using only one promotional code per order. Our advice? Test them all and choose the one that saves you the most.
What types of promo codes are there?
Promo codes fall into four basic categories:
- A percentage offer: This is where codes offer you a certain percentage off your shop.
- A $$ off offer: This is where the code will snip a specific dollar amount off your shop.
- A delivery offer: Where a code throws in delivery of your item/s for free.
- Free products: Sometimes you’ll get something extra thrown in with your order
What are your best codes currently available?
Glad you asked! They’re all right here.