Cover yourself for multiple trips with Priceline Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance.
When most people think about Priceline, the first thing that comes to mind is health and beauty products. However, Priceline is now offers more than just beauty products and has diversified into the travel insurance market. Priceline Protects is in conjunction with ACE Insurance, a leading insurance provider in Australia. Priceline Protects is designed to offer a wide range of insurance products to cover you from unexpected expenses that occur during domestic or overseas travel.
Priceline Annual Multi-Trip travel insurance is designed for frequent travellers. The insurance policy covers multiple trips within the duration of a year or 12 months and also covers your family. There are three types of covers provided by Priceline:
- individual cover
- Me Plus One, which covers two adults
- the family/group coverage which covers adults and children travelling together.
You have access to both domestic and international covers with this insurance policy along with a wide range of benefits. Priceline Protects is specially designed for Australian citizens and residents, policyholders have access to Sydney based call centres, which offers a 24-hour emergency line. The policies designed by Priceline and ACE are meant to offer travellers peace of mind when travelling. Find out what the Priceline Annual Multi-Trip travel insurance is all about.
Priceline Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance Features and Benefits
As the name implies, the Annual Multi-Trip travel insurance policy offers a year-long insurance policy with coverage for multiple trips. The policy covers international trips that last for less than 90 days and 45 days for the Australia Only plan. The good news is that the policy also covers your family and you don’t have to pay extra for dependents.
Below is a breakdown of the benefits and cover offered by this travel insurance policy.
- Medical benefits. Medical benefits offered include:
- unlimited overseas emergency medical
- hospital and dental expenses
- hospital cash
- emergency assistance
It’s important to note that medical expenses are only available with international policies. Australia Only policyholders do not get this benefit with their Priceline travel insurance cover.
- Cancellation benefits. Under cancellation benefits, you get coverage for:
- cancellation charges
- lost deposits
- additional hotel accommodation
- extra expenses for transport
There are sub-limits on cancellation benefits and these cover fees for travel agents, special events and journey resumption.
- Luggage, travel documents and money benefits. Your luggage, travel documents, personal effects and money are all covered under this benefit. A sub-limit on electric equipment is available.
- Delay benefits. There are delay benefits for luggage, flight and accommodation. With luggage delays, you have sub-limits for 24 and 72 hours while with flight delays there are different limits for delays exceeding 4 and 12 hours.
- Accidental death benefits. Under accidental death benefits, you are covered for the accident loss of life as well as permanent loss, and this covers children as well.
- Additional benefits. There are additional benefits that cover: hijacking and kidnapping while in public transportation (for international cover only), personal liability, and repatriation of mortal remains, home helps and extra expenses as a result of sickness or injury.
Optional cover is available for rental excess and increased maximum benefit limits for travel documents, luggage and personal effects as well as cancellation charges and deposit losses.Back to top
Priceline Annual Multi-Trip Insurance General Exclusions
Below are the general exclusions with the Priceline Annual Multi-Trip insurance policy. The insurance provider will not pay for claims that arise as a result of:
- civil war, revolutions, invasion, war, hostilities and other similar occurrences whether or not declared
- acts of terrorism
- costs incurred outside the insured period
- air travel on aircraft or air charter companies that are not fully licensed to carry passengers
- losses or expenses in countries like Cuba that are deemed to be in breach of trade laws, facing economic sanctions from Australia or other such regulations
- nuclear contamination or radioactivity
- unlawful acts committed by the insured or dishonest submissions and statements made while applying for the cover
- damages or losses caused by destruction, confiscation or detention of your luggage and personal items by authorities
- government intervention, regulation and prohibition
- trips booked against medical advice or after been diagnosed with a terminal illness
- death, illness, injury, theft or damage as a result of irresponsibility by the insured
- pre-existing medical conditions
- pregnancy or childbirth claims with full knowledge of pregnancy complications or pregnancies that are more than 24 weeks
- self-inflicted injury, suicide or attempted suicide, travel exhaustion, stress, transmission of sexually transmitted virus or diseases, or alcohol/drug dependency unless prescribed by a medical doctor
- actions engaged while drunk or under drug influence
- participation in professional sports, rock climbing, bungee jumping, racing and other high-risk activities
- consequential loss such as loss of enjoyment and other financial losses not covered
- liability from Goods and Services Tax (GST), penalties or charges due to failure to disclose input tax credit entitlement.
Priceline Travel Insurance Claims
Priceline makes it easy for clients to make claims. The insurance provider requires policyholders to inform them of claims as soon as possible, preferably within 30 days of the occurrence leading to a claim. You can personally lodge your claim or have a legal representative lodge the claim on your behalf.
To make a claim, you will need to download and complete a claim form, which can be found on the Priceline website. The claim form must be accompanied by receipts or proof of the expenses that are being claimed, as well as any reports that were obtained from the carrier, police or any other authority in regard to the damage, loss or accident.
You also need to provide evidence showing medical expenses undertaken, as well as certificates that may be required to assess and process your claim. You will need to provide any information requested by the claims team, any documents or proof ownership of the items claimed in order to have our claim processed.
The insurance provider may choose to medically examine you or in cases of loss of life claims, it may arrange for an autopsy. All medical claims must first be submitted to your primary health insurance provider before being claimed through ACE. You can get more information and guidance on making claims with Priceline Annual Multi-Trip insurance policy by getting in touch with ACE Assistance line or the claims assistance number listed online.Back to top
Why Choose Priceline for Your Travel Insurance?
Priceline offers good travel insurance packages and these are designed to cover frequent travellers such as the Annual Multi-Trip travel insurance. The insurer provides an array of travel benefits for all types of travellers.
Priceline allows you to choose your policy excess options and it’s important to note that a higher excess option will end up reducing the premium you pay. These options are available with both the Australia Only and international policyholders. Travel insurance means you do not have to worry about expenses in an emergency. And with Priceline Protect, you know you are getting comprehensive cover that is backed by one of the most reputable underwriters.Back to top
Apply for Priceline Annal Multi-Trip Travel Insurance
Priceline Annual Multi-Trip travel insurance is a travel insurance policy offered by the health and beauty retailer Priceline. Priceline is not an insurance company. However, together with ACE Insurance, Priceline has created a line of lifestyle insurance products that offer a diverse coverage range depending on your travel needs and frequency.
If you travel often, the Annual Multi-Trip travel insurance policy is a good policy to take up and you can choose between the domestic cover known as Australia only and the international cover.Back to top