Presto adds Mrs Brown’s Boys, 30 Rock, Heroes
An output deal with NBCUniversal brings six more shows to Foxtel's streaming service.
Latest shots fired in the streaming video wars: Presto has scored Australian rights to six existing shows, including UK comedy Mrs Brown's Boys, US comedies Parks and Recreation and vintage sci-fi classic Heroes.
As of today (August 24), Foxtel is adding seven shows it has acquired through a rights deal with NBCUniversal:
- Three series of Mrs Brown's Boys (the full run to date), plus two specials;
- All seven series of the fabulous Tina Fey series 30 Rock;
- The first five series of Parks and Recreation (the last two series will be added at an unspecified future date);
- All four series of the original Heroes. No rights yet on the Heroes Reborn reboot, but this would be a nifty way of catching up;
- The first two series of fantasy drama Grimm
In December, Presto will add Bates Motel, the TV prequel to Alfred Hitchcock's horror classic Psycho. No fixed launch date for that one yet.
Mrs Brown's Boys has consistently rated highly for Seven in Australia, so it's likely to be a popular addition. Last week, Presto announced its first local commission: a special one-off episode of Home and Away.