finder.com.au needs a PR guru that can tell the finder.com.au story and get amazing coverage. We need someone to create media angles and get the coverage finder.com.au deserves.
- 3 - 5 years experience working in a P.R. role
- Tertiary qualifications a plus, but not necessary
- Strong relationship and contact management skills
- Must have a personal interest in and passion for finance
- Media monitoring software skills and know-how
- Highly organised and deadline driven
- Get amazing coverage for finder.com.au in all different types of media
- Plan, execute and evaluate P.R. campaigns which are aligned to finder.com.au's mission statement
- Monitoring the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcast, newswires and blogs
- Identifies gaps in our communication and opportunities in the media
- Event management, including press conferences and promotional events
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- Media relations and promotion of releases and angles
- Collating, analysing and evaluating media coverage
- Be a spokesperson of finder.com.au where required
- Manage day-to-day activities of the media team and directly supervise the work of the Media Officer and any volunteers and interns working in the team
finder.com.au - Your new family
Working in our modern open office right in the heart of the city centre (we're mere steps away from the QVB), you will have free access to our Happiness Kitchen which is always stocked with plenty of food, snacks, drinks, fresh juices and fresh fruit.
You will be immersed in a lively and stimulating environment where everyone is driven by the common denominator of being number 1 in our market.
Here at finder.com.au we ALL believe in working as one crew - we're all team players.
Working with us, you will enjoy:
- A balanced work/play culture
- Strong internal relationships with the directors, managers and the development team
- Cultivation of external relationships with media, partners, sponsors, providers, freelancers and agencies
To apply, send an email to iWantin@finder.com.au addressed to Fred Schebesta with your resume, a short cover letter outlining a few past projects and skills of yours and answers to the following questions:
- What is your favourite inspirational movie and how does it impact your work?
- Who is your P.R. Hero?
- Who is going to win the 2013 Australian election and why?
- What is your superpower?
- Why do you want to work for finder.com.au?
- If you worked for a cigarette company, how would you justify it to the public?
- Credit Card: Good or Evil?
All successful applicants will be replied to promptly. Unfortunately, we do not have time to answer every application, but we will take everyone under serious consideration and thank you for your efforts in advance.