Are you a senior journalist ready to take your career to the next level? Do you want to work for one of the coolest companies in Australia? Do you love data?
finder.com.au is one of Australia's biggest comparison websites and is expanding its Public Relations team as part of the business' exciting growth plans.
This is a new role to help grow finder.com.au to an all-new level. Reporting to the Head of PR, Michelle Hutchison, you will play a key support role in the PR team, help to build new and stronger relationships with the media and other websites, and grow positive brand awareness.
- Minimum three years' experience as a journalist, ideally in a finance journalism role
- Degree in journalism or relevant qualification
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience in editing/subbing and an interest in training junior staff
- Mid-level skills in Excel and excellent research skills to analyse data effectively and accurately to find interesting story ideas
- General-intermediate math skills
- Interested in banking products and related industries such as financial services, property, general insurance, retail and travel
- Excellent writing skills including the ability to write newsworthy, creative and unique content
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and on multiple projects
- Highly organised and keen eye for detail
- Motivated and proactive
- Eager to learn
- Uses initiative and a team player.
You will be part of our passionate startup culture and have the opportunity to grow your career and develop your skills. We offer our crew:
- Ongoing training to help develop skills in communications, leadership and online
- A balance between work, study and life with a flexible work environment
- Part of an amazing team who is willing to share their knowledge and experiences with you
- Free lunch, drinks, breakfast and snacks everyday and fresh juice on Wednesdays
- Fun social activities such as games nights
If you think you have what it takes, please send your CV, cover letter and completed responses to the below questions to Michelle Hutchison: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If there were 6,708 home loans financed in December 2014 and 3,623 in December 2013, what is the percentage increase?
- And if there were 2,741 home loans financed in December 2012, what is the average growth rate from December 2012 to December 2014?
- If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
- Please include at least 3 examples of your best published work and tell us why they were your best.