Porsche Finance Options
Who else wants a Porsche? Learn about the available financing options to turn this into a reality.
Porsche is the largest race car manufacturer in the world and has created some sleek, fast-looking vehicles in the process. So, it might come as a surprise to learn that they don’t just do sports cars. Porsche has also branched out into SUVs and sedans. This isn’t to say that they come with the general SUV or sedan price tag. For example, the Macan wagon has a starting price of $91,627.
Car loans you can consider for financing a Porsche
How can you finance a Porsche?
The following are some of the financing options available for purchasing a Porsche:
- Porsche financial services. Porsche offers personal loans that include balloon repayments (which can lower your monthly repayments if you agree to make a final balloon payment of $5,000 or more) and commercial rental options that can help you rent a Porsche and own it at the end of your loan term. Loan terms range from 12 to 80 months.
- Unsecured personal loans. An unsecured personal loan is an option if you don’t want to use an asset, such as your Porsche, savings, a boat, a caravan or a car, as security for the loan. These loans have limits that vary between $2,000 and $50,000.
- Novated lease. A novated lease is an agreement between you, your employer and a financial institution to ensure that your car repayments are paid through your pre-tax salary. This is ideal for those who want a tax break or higher disposable income.
- Chattel mortgage. This option is primarily for businesses. The lender takes a mortgage over the vehicle, but you take ownership of the vehicle. Once you’ve paid off the mortgage, the title of the vehicle and potential tax deductions come tax time are yours.
- Secured car loan. You can get competitive rates ranging from 5-10% p.a. with secured car loans as there’s less risk to the lender. This is because the car you’re going to buy is used as security against the loan.
How much will a Porsche loan cost?
The total loan cost will vary depending on what Porsche model you go with. For example, if you’re looking for a sleek sports car such as the 718 Boxster S, it will cost in upwards of $160,000. That price is before you’ve factored in other vehicle costs such as the price of fuel, registration, the cost of insurance and the cost of servicing. Insurance is something that you’ll want to consider paying a little more for since your Porsche is such a high-end item.
If you’re worried about the full cost of your car loan, you can figure out the loan costs by using a car loan repayment calculator. This will show you the amount you’re looking to borrow as well as the cost of the interest rate that’s being applied to the loan and any fees you might be charged over the duration of the loan.
How do you decide how to finance your Porsche?
The following features may help you to choose between lenders:
- The interest rate. The interest rate is charged for the duration of your loan. The key rate to check is the comparison rate as this factors in the fees and interest rates. If it’s too high for your liking, try another lender.
- Repayment flexibility. You can tailor the repayments to your income schedule by choosing weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments.
- Ongoing and upfront fees. Be aware of application fees, monthly fees, dishonour fees and early repayment fees. It’s a good idea to check what kind of fees apply to the loan you’re considering before applying as the full cost can be more than expected.
- Balloon repayments. A balloon repayment can lower your monthly repayments but requires you to pay off a large instalment at the end of the loan. This payment can be upwards of $5,000.
Frequently asked questions about financing a Porsche
Car Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate of 5.45% p.a.
A low minimum borrowing amount of $2,000 that you can use to purchase a new car or one up to two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.89% p.a.
Take advantage of a competitive rate, pre-approval and no early repayment fees when you finance a car under two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate from 4.99% p.a.
A larger loan of $5,000 or more to help you buy a new or used car. 5-hour pre approval available and no ongoing fees.
Ask an Expert