Who is Police Health?
Police Health is Australia's only private health fund run exclusively for the police by the police. Established in 1935 in South Australia as a not-for-profit health fund, it now provides quality health cover for policing communities in all states and territories.
Other types of cover available
Police Health provides its members with access to travel insurance underwritten by QBE Insurance. With Police Health, you have the following choice of cover options:
- Annual Multi-Trip. This policy provides cover for unlimited domestic or international trips in a 12-month period where each trip is no longer than 60 days. It includes medical, dental, evacuation and repatriation, cancellation and additional expenses. It also includes cover for children under 25 years of age at no additional cost.
- International Comprehensive. This option provides comprehensive cover for medical, dental, evacuation and repatriation, cancellation, additional expenses and more. It includes cover for children under 25 years of age at no additional cost plus free ski cover for New Zealand holidays.
- Australian Comprehensive. This policy provides cover for cancellation or rearrangement costs, additional travel expenses, repatriation and other benefits for travel within Australia. It also includes cover for children under 25 years of age at no additional cost.
- Australian Cancellation. This option provides limited cover for the non-refundable portion of prepaid travel arrangements or for additional travel, accommodation and meals for travel within Australia.
- Inbound Travel Insurance. This policy provides cover for non-residents travelling to Australia on a temporary basis. It covers policyholders for medical and cancellation, loss or theft of luggage, rental vehicle insurance excess and more.
What are the benefits of Police Health?
Being a member of Police Health has many benefits. As a not-for-profit health fund, they reinvest earnings back into the fund to provide you with better products and services. They also give you more freedom of choice by allowing you to choose your preferred hospital, doctor and other service providers.
Police Health doesn’t use answering machines, so you always talk directly to a trained service provider. They also have a convenient claims app that lets you photograph your receipt and lodge your claim immediately using your smartphone.
Police Health also offers a range of other programs, incentives and discounts to its members, including the following:
- Access to a free personal health assessment on their Healthbeat online portal for those members with hospital cover.
- A Police Health rollover benefit, which allows members to carry over any unused annual maximum benefit for extras not claimed during the year.
- A 10% discount on sunglasses for all policyholders and 20% off lenses, contact lenses and treatments for those with SureCover Extras, Platinum Health and Platinum Plus cover at Sunglass Hut, OPSM and Laubman & Pank.