Police Bank credit card’s competitive interest rates and wide range of services could mean you’ve found your next credit card.
Important InformationThe Police Credit Union PC Visa Silver is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
You can compare the current range of Australian credit cards here.
When you transfer your balance from another credit card to this one, you enjoy a 0% p.a. interest rate for up to 9 months. Moreover, the ongoing rate of just 11.95% p.a. compares very favourably with most credit cards in the big league.
The Police Bank is a member-owned banking institution that also provides traditional banking services, Internet and mobile banking, and various loans and insurance packages. The bank also has a visa debit card and a Redicard.
Police Bank Visa Credit Card Review
The Police Bank Visa credit card enjoys the Verified by Visa service, which is designed to ensure you are protected while shopping online with your Visa card. Whenever you make an online purchase, Police Bank assesses the risk of the transaction based on factors such as the high dollar value of the transaction, and whether this is a retailer you have previously purchased goods from.
Apart from the vigilant security, the Visa credit card gives you other important benefits that include 55 days’ interest-free period on purchases; ATM access to your funds worldwide; access to over 29 million Visa outlets in 250 countries; access to ‘Visa Entertainment’ services, and convenient repayment options.
Features of Police Credit Union PC Visa Silver
- PayWave functionality. With the PayWave logo, you will be able to make faster purchases. Payments using this method can only be made at a participating merchant outlet for payments of AU $100 or less. For amounts greater than this, you will still need to sign or enter your PIN.
- Credit card balance transfers. You are offered the option to transfer the balance of a credit or charge account from another credit provider to your account, provided the balance of your account after the transfer will not exceed the credit limit, and the amount transferred is not less than $500. The balance transfer interest rate will apply to the amount that you transfer for the offer period. If any portion of your balance transfer amount remains owing at the end of the applicable offer period, it will revert to the standard retail purchase interest rate.
- Competitive interest rates. There is a low ongoing rate of just 11.95% p.a., with up to 55 days interest free period for purchases. The interest rate is debited to your card account on the last day of each statement period, as shown on your statement. Any fee or charge in foreign currency will be converted to Australian dollars. The annual fee is waived for the first year.
- Latest technology. You can pay bills with your card using Internet banking or RediDial telephone banking. You also have the option for secure online shopping using the ‘Verified by Visa’ method.
- Easy access to funds. You may access your funds through ATMs worldwide. In addition, you can obtain cash advances using your credit card and any additional cardholder may do so using their card.