Pokemon GO loses one legendary, gains another
Goodbye Articuno; hello Moltres.
Today marks the arrival of Pokemon GO's latest legendary Pokemon, the fire-breathing bird Moltres. Replacing the game's previous legendary, Articuno, Moltres has now started cropping up in Gyms around the world, taunting Trainers with the chance of catching one of the most powerful Pokemon available in the game.
Like Pokemon GO's previous legendaries, Moltres takes the form of a tough-as-nails Raid Boss that you won't want to take on alone. Your best bet is to team up with as many fellow Trainers as you can, and since Moltres is both a Flying- and Fire-type Pokemon, stocking up on Rock-type Pokemon will give you a crucial edge in taking the legendary down.
Sadly, like the now-AWOL Articuno, Moltres won't be around forever. If you want to capture the fiery bird for yourself, you'll need to grab your Pokeballs and pound the pavement quick-smart, since Moltres will only be hanging around until 7 August.
On the upside, Moltres' departure will usher in the arrival of the electrifying Zapdos.
- 56 rising esports stars added to the roster for next week’s Gfinity Elite Series debut
- [UPDATE] Razer Blade 15 and Core X revealed: Australian pricing and release date
- Detroit: Become Human Review: No fate but what we manage to screw up in a QTE
- The PS5 will launch in 2020 hints Sony CEO John Kodera
- Perth will be the first to turn when the zombie apocalypse hits