Pokémon GO heading to Apple Watch
Apple Watch will help you catch 'em all in Pokémon GO later this year.
Alongside Super Mario Run, Apple also announced Pokémon Go for Apple Watch.
If you’re a fan of Pokémon GO, you’ve probably hit that moment when you wanted to play but your phone was in your pocket or bag.
Developers Niantic had already signalled the existence of the Pokémon Go Plus wrist device, which will launch later this month, but at the Apple event today, it revealed development plans for an Apple Watch app for dedicated Pokémon GO trainers.
The app itself will allow you to see nearby Pokémon, collect Pokéstop goodies and see medals that you’ve earned as you play. Niantic’s take is that it’s designed to complement your daily walk routine by tying into Apple Watch workout routines, including a game summary when you finish your walk or run.
You’ll also be able to hatch eggs, and pretty much run the bulk of the Pokémon GO experience.
Pokémon GO for Apple Watch will be available before the end of the year.
- Australians don’t care about losing headphone jack from the iPhone 7
- Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus: Everything you need to know
- iPhone 7: Did Apple create something truly “magical”?
- Apple AirPods: Specifications, pricing and Australian availability
- iPhone 7 vs Galaxy S7 vs Galaxy Note 7
- Apple iPhone 7 vs iPhone 6s
- Apple slices iPhone SE Australian price
- Apple will release iOS 10 on 13 September
- WatchOS 3 will launch on 13 September
- The Apple Watch Series 2 will have these new features
- Super Mario Run coming to the App Store