Sableye, Banette and more Gen III Pokémon are coming to Pokémon GO later this month
Pokémon from the Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire games will start rolling out as part of the game's Halloween celebrations.
As leaked earlier this month, Generation III Pokémon are on their way to Pokémon GO, and developer Niantic has today revealed when avid Trainers can expect to see the new creatures cropping up on the streets.
As part of Pokémon GO's Halloween celebrations, Sableye, Banette and other Ghost-type Pokémon from the Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire games will start to appear from tomorrow, Saturday 21 October. They'll be joined by Gastly, Cubone, Drowzee and other returning creatures from previous Halloween events.
Halloween won't mark the end of the Gen III rollout, either. From December onwards, more creatures from Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire will join the game with the rollout continuing into next year.
Along with the Gen III Pokémon, Pokémon GO's Halloween celebrations will see a special witch-hat-wearing Pikachu make a cameo. Any Pokémon you catch, hatch or transfer between 21 October and 3 November will score you double the Candy reward, too.
Pokémon GO Hub
Everything you need to know about Pokémon GO, from tips and tricks to the best hunting locations.
- Razer Raiju Ultimate gaming controller review: A premium package worth the price
- HyperX Cloud Stinger Wireless review: Great, for a specific audience
- Super Mario Maker 2 preview: Pipe dreams made real
- Razer Nari Ultimate Wireless Gaming Headset review: Good vibrations
- Brief Battles review: For great multiplayer ass-emblies