Points Finder Rewards Deals: Qantas, flybuys, Europcar and Pan Pacific Hotels
Score status points booking flights with Qantas and earn bonus points transferring flybuys, booking rental cars and staying at hotels.
Whether you're shopping online or thinking of booking an exciting trip away, we've got bonus points for you.
Double Qantas status credits on domestic and international flights
Good news, frequent flyers! Qantas has launched its first double status credits promotion for 2019. If you book Qantas-operated domestic or international flights between 25 February 2019 and 31 August 2019, you'll receive double status credits towards your frequent flyer membership.
Unlike points, status credits help you ascend Qantas membership tiers (Silver, Gold, Platinum and Platinum One). These credits also allow you to take advantage of exclusive perks. Benefits vary between the tiers but you can usually expect more competitive points earn rates, travel benefits (such as preferred seating, priority upgrades, priority boarding and check-in as well as waived booking fees) and access to Qantas Club lounges.
However, there are a few conditions to be aware of:
- You must first register for the promotion.
- Flights must be booked through the Qantas website, contact centre or a travel agent.
- Double status credits are not offered for Classic Rewards flights or for QF ticketed flights operated by Jetstar, Jetstar Asia, Valuair, Jetstar Japan, Jetstar Pacific and other partners.
- Flight vouchers bought during this promotion but not redeemed for an eligible flight during the valid travel period are not eligible for double status credits.
Most importantly, you must make your booking before 11:59pm 25 February. See here for more information.
Receive a 15% bonus when transferring flybuys to Velocity points
You can transfer up to 138,000 flybuys points per calendar year, per household. This is equivalent to 60,030 Velocity Points. However, you can only transfer in multiples of 2,000 flybuys points for 870 Velocity Points.
This offer is valid until 28 February 2019.
Qantas frequent flyers earn 20,000 points joining AustralianSuper
Qantas Frequent Flyer members who join AustralianSuper for the first time and contribute at least $350 within the first six months of signing up will be eligible to receive 20,000 bonus Qantas Points.
You need to join prior to 5 May 2019 and you must join via the link on AustralianSuper's website.
Qantas Points will be credited to your account approximately 2-3 months after meeting all criteria. It might be helpful to check out the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) and full terms and conditions to learn more.
Enjoy double Velocity Points on Europcar bookings this month
Planning to hire a car between now and 30 April 2019? Make a reservation with Europcar before 28 February and you'll receive double Velocity Points. You'll need to quote promo code 52850174 at the time of booking.
The rental period must not exceed 28 days and the promotional code isn't required for online bookings through Virgin Australia's website. This offer is valid at participating locations across Australia and New Zealand.
Earn double Velocity Points on Pan Pacific hotel stays
Velocity frequent flyers score double points on Pan Pacific Hotel Group bookings for stays until 28 February.
To earn double Velocity Points:
- Book your stay by 28 February via the Pan Pacific website or toll free reservation numbers.
- On the Guest Details page, expand the Personalise Your Stay box and enter your Velocity member number.
- Present your Velocity membership card or Velocity number upon check-in or check-out.
Pan Pacific Discovery members can also receive up to 25% savings on best available rates. If you aren't currently a member sign up for free now, plus discover more about the different tiers and benefits.
Points Finder Rewards Deals highlights the latest credit card, airline and frequent flyer rewards offers. Check back every Friday for the latest deals and to find out how you can get more out of your points this week.
- How to tell if your credit card is rewarding you
- Points Finder Rewards Deals: Virgin Australia, Bupa and Vivid Sydney Festival
- Qantas just dropped sale flights to the USA from $849 return
- Ask Finder: Should I apply for a credit card just to get an introductory offer?
- Why I didn’t book a seat on Qantas’ points plane