Points Finder Reward Deals: Optus, Ola, Woolworths and Coles
Earn bonus points on your groceries, phone, car rides and hotel stays.
This week's round-up includes plenty of deals for bonus Qantas and Velocity Points, as well as a number of supermarket reward deals for gift cards.
There are also older but still active deals for car insurance and superannuation products, and some targeted offers that you should scan your inbox for as well.
Earn up to 40,000 Velocity Points with Optus
Optus has announced a new partnership with the Velocity Frequent Flyer program. New Optus customers who sign up for a range of eligible phone, SIM-only, data and device plans can earn up to 40,000 bonus Velocity Points. The service must be active for at least 30 days, and it can take up to six weeks to receive the points.
Win a share of 10 million Qantas Points
Qantas is giving away 1 million Qantas Points to 10 winners. To enter, you'll first need to register for the promotion on the Qantas website before 15 December 2019. You'll then earn one entry for every point earned using your Qantas Points-earning credit card, and one entry for every point earned from transferring credit card or charge card points to the Qantas program.
15% bonus Velocity Points on transfers from a variety of reward programs
If you've got a stack of flybuys, KrisFlyer or bank reward points lying around and you want to transfer them to the Velocity program, you can currently enjoy a 15% bonus on transfers made before 30 November 2019. The full list of participating programs include:
- American Express Membership Rewards
- ANZ Rewards
- ANZ Business Rewards
- NAB Rewards
- Westpac Altitude Rewards
- Citibank Citi Rewards
- HSBC Rewards (Platinum and Premier cardholders only)
- Diners Club Reward
- Suncorp Bank Rewards
- Card Services Rewards
- Bank of Queensland Q Rewards (Platinum cardholders only)
- Marriott Bonvoy
- Le Club AccorHotels
- Hilton Honors
- IHG® Rewards Club
- Shangri-La's Golden Circle
- Choice Privileges Rewards
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
Earn double Qantas Points when booking a stay with TFE Hotels in Australia
You can earn 6 Qantas Points per dollar spent when booking a stay at over 50 TFE Hotels in Australia before 17 November 2019. TFE Hotels include brands such as Adina, Travelodge and Vibe.
Get 1,000 Velocity Points with your first Ola ride
Ola is offering 1,000 bonus Velocity Points when you book and complete your first ride before 31 December 2019. To get your bonus points, you'll need to download the app, register for an Ola account and enter your Velocity number in the profile section.
Earn bonus Woolworths Points on a range of in-store gift cards
Woolworths is giving 1,000-2,000 bonus Woolworths Points for in-store gift cards purchases. Purchases of $50 EVENT Cinemas, Spa.com.au and The Restaurant Choice gift cards come with 1,000 bonus points. Purchases of $100 Luxury Escapes, Drummond Golf and Ticketek gift cards come with 2,000 bonus points. Check your local Woolworths catalogue and search "gift cards" to ensure the deal is being offered.
Bonus flybuys on a range of gift cards at Coles
Similar to the offer above, Coles is offering 2,000 bonus flybuys points on purchases of gift cards of $50 or above from Hoyts, Good Food, Ultimate for Him, Ticketmaster and Gourmet Traveller Restaurant. The offer is valid until 19 November and is only valid once per account. You'll also need to swipe your flybuys card at the time of purchase. Be sure to check the catalogue for your local store and search "gift cards" to see if the promotion applies.
Other active deals from previous Reward Roundups
- Qantas Car Insurance 20,000 bonus points offer. Qantas recently launched a range of car insurance products underwritten by Auto & General. To celebrate the launch, new customers can earn up to 20,000 bonus Qantas Points for new policies, plus one point per dollar spent on premiums.
- AustralianSuper 20,000 bonus Qantas Points offer. New members signing up for an AustralianSuper account can earn 20,000 bonus Qantas Points when they open an account and contribute a minimum of $350 into it in the first six months.
- Amex Shop Small. Amex Shop Small is running again until 30 November, with cashbacks available at participating small businesses. If you've already saved the offer to your card, check out the map of participating businesses to maximise your rewards.
Check your email inbox to see if you've received any of these targeted offers
- Coles bonus flybuys with minimum spend. Some flybuys members have received targeted offers of 10,000 bonus flybuys points when they spend over the minimum amount each week for four weeks. There are also one-off bonus points offers of 2,000 flybuys for spends over the minimum amount.
- Woolworths Rewards bonus points offers. Woolworths Rewards has also been sending targeted offers with bonus points for spending over the minimum amount each week for a number of weeks. Some offers include 1,600 bonus points each week in November on spends of $40 or more. Other offers include one-off bonuses of 2,000 points for spending over a certain amount (e.g. $50 in-store in one shop).
Points Finder Reward Deals highlights the latest credit card, airline and frequent flyer rewards offers. Check back every Friday for the latest deals and to find out how you can get more out of your points this week.
- Why I paid $10 more to earn credit card points on a Qantas flight
- Exclusive: Get 15,000 extra Qantas Points on top of existing card offers
- Earn free Qantas or Velocity Points at JB Hi-Fi: Get in quick!
- Should I take my Qantas Loyalty Bonus as points or Status Credits?
- When do frequent flyer reward seats become available?