finder money podcast #44: The future of insurance
This week on the podcast we talked to Brenton Charnley from Insurtech Australia about how insurance is changing in Australia and worldwide. We also touched on insurance in the gig economy, and how machine learning and AI are factoring into the future of insurance. Brenton is the Lead & Co-founder at Insurtech Australia and is an innovation and insurtech specialist. In this episode we covered:
- What is insurtech?
- What is most lagging behind in insurance?
- Insurance for self-driving vehicles
- What Brenton thinks is the most exciting examples of insurtech right now
- How the gig economy is changing insurance
- What is cyber insurance?
- The origin of insurance
- How actuaries share similarities with venture capitalists
- How machine learning and AI factor into insurance today and in the future
- Why did insurtech take longer to get going than fintech?
- Could insurtech and fintech be the next mining boom for Australia?
- What is the biggest pain point in insurance that insurtech can help with?
- How technology can make insurance more convenient but can also increase the number of claims
- Why Brenton thinks innovation is so important?
- How the definition of life insurance can change depending on the person
- Brenton's best book recommendations
Listen or download the episode below
To download press the button.
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes
Notes and links mentioned in the podcast
- Booking.com study finds that ⅓ of employees would switch jobs for travel opportunities
- ABS data shows FHB stamp duty offers are working in VIC and NSW
- Sydney house prices have fallen
- Uber drivers will have to display a sticker on their car from 1 Nov
- Scottish woman selling mansion with crossword challenge
- Court finds unsent text message is still a valid will
- 43kg of gold flow through Swiss waste water each year
- Liz files on a private jet through startup Airly