finder money podcast #42: Travel and car insurance basics
This week we welcome Jonathan Buck from Huddle onto the show to chat to us about the basics of car and travel insurance. Jonathan is the co-founder and joint Chief Executive of Huddle, an innovative insurance company that provides simple insurance products to consumers and gives surplus profits back to communities. At the end of the segment Jonathan also gave two amazing coupon codes for 10% off travel and car insurance. On the show we covered:
- Why Jonathan helped started Huddle
- How Huddles work
- The origin of insurance (Jonathan breaks this down to a very simple explanation)
- What Jonathan thinks about peer-to-peer insurance
- Jonathan's top tips for finding the best travel insurance
- Complimentary travel insurance offered on credit cards vs standalone travel insurance
- Top tips for car insurance
- What Jonathan thinks about self-driving cars and car insurance
- Jonathan's thoughts about the future of transport
Also on the show Liz, Marc and Adam chat about bank satisfaction levels, the ATM fee removal for big four banks and Gen Y's confidence levels in owning their own homes. In funny money news the team talked about secret cryptocurrency mining, investing in music royalties and North Korean inspired burgers.
Listen or download the episode below
To download press the button.
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes
Notes and links mentioned in this podcast
- The big four removes ATM fees
- Bendigo Bank tops bank satisfaction levels for August
- Gen Z is more confident about their future in the property market than Gen Y
- Showtime.com secretly mining for cryptocurrencies while users stream video
- Australia Post refuses to mail out Kim Jong Yum burger leaflets
- New company allows you to buy shares in favourite artist’s royalties
Notes from Jonathan Buck
- Find out more about Huddle
- Jonathan Buck's LinkedIn
- Self driving car's will make traffic worse
- Coupon codes (see end of Jonathan's segment for the codes!)
ASX sharemarket game instructions – join us!
- Go to the ASX website and create an account for MyASX
- Complete your registration for the sharemarket game
- When registered, go to Game play>Leagues>Join Leagues
- Enter in the following details: League ID: 19917, password: angusrox123, league: finderAU
Listen to more podcasts on our main podcast page.