finder.com.au Money Podcast #40: Startup wisdom with Fred Schebesta
This week on the show, we welcome finder co-founder Fred Schebesta to share his tips on starting a business and his personal background. Fred started his entrepreneurial journey at just 22 years of age while in university and soon helped create finder.com.au. He's an author, blogger and active member in the startup community in Australia and overseas. In this episode, we covered the following:
- What Fred has been up to in recent months.
- What lessons Fred is learning from having to launch from scratch in overseas markets.
- What Fred thinks of finder's competitors.
- How finder was started and made into a successful business.
- Advice for filtering out good ideas from bad.
- How to decide whether to start a business yourself.
- Fred's view on success and why most small businesses fail.
- Fred's personal story.
- Why those who help entrepreneurs realise a vision should be rewarded.
- What Fred wishes he spent more on and spent less on while building finder.
Also on the show, Adam, Marc and Liz talk about Australians lying on their home loan applications, Sydney and Melbourne cracking the top 15 financial centres index, Apple's iPhone 8 and iPhone X release and subsequent share price drop. On the Funny Money segment, the crew also chat about jealous bitcoin opinions, angry villagers and a haunted Texan home.
Listen or download the episode below
To download press the button.
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes
Notes and links mentioned in the podcast
- Australia’s $500B of liar home loans
- Sydney and Melbourne ranked in top 15 global financial centres
- Apple iPhone X and iPhone 8 release
- JP Morgan CEO’s opinion on Bitcoin
- Angry villager in England invites travellers to turn her farm into a caravan park and "create s*** for the village"
- Haunted Texas home for sale
- Fred Schebesta on LinkedIn
ASX sharemarket game instructions – join us!
- Go to the ASX website and create an account for MyASX
- Complete your registration for the sharemarket game
- When registered, go to Game play>Leagues>Join Leagues
- Enter in the following details: League ID: 19917, password: angusrox123, league: finderAU
Listen to more podcasts on our main podcast page.