finder.com.au Money Podcast #14 – Divorce and finances, difficult apartment dwellers and denim indecision
Today on the finder.com.au Money Podcast we welcome our founder and CEO Fred Schebesta, who opens up about the financial and emotional lessons you can learn from divorce. Plus, we talk the new season of The Block, apartment frustrations and Adam has an existential crisis about his denim jacket.
Listen or download the episode below
- Download the episode here by right clicking this link and clicking 'save link as'
- Stream the episode on a separate page here
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes
Notes and links mentioned in this podcast
- 09:03 - News item 1 - travel ban from the US and UK
- 11:50 - News item 2 - the block locations for 2017 and 2018
- 17:09 - News item 3 - ING DIRECT is launching a credit card
- 18:40 - News item 4 - westpac announces wearable
- 21:47 - Funny money news 1 - How to live in an apartment classes
- 25:25 - Funny money news 2 - Whole town in Oregon is for sale for 3.5 million
- 30:08 - Funny money news 3 - Melbourne man gets fined when checking parking sign
- 33:16 - Funny money news 4 - Liz’s haunted phone
- 35:15 - Funny money news 5 - Chinese park with facial recognition toilet paper dispenser
- 39:05 - Fred Schebesta talks to us about his journey through divorce
- 57:00 - How did you keep the company growing and emerging during all of this?
- 1:26:20 - Answers to the question of last week
- 1:35:40 - The question of this week
Question of the week: What is the dodgiest thing you’ve done to get out of a fine or other financial commitment?
Leave your answer in the comment box below!