finder.com.au Money Podcast #13 – BRICKX CEO Anthony Millet, controversial housing forecasts and vengeful ghosts
This week we welcome Anthony Millet, the CEO of BRICKX, to learn about a new way to get yourself on the property ladder. Plus, we discuss the RBA’s latest inaction, changes to rental laws, the potential of the world’s smallest house price crash and Adam manages to alienate ghosts.
Listen or download the episode below
- Download the episode here by right clicking this link and clicking 'save link as'
- Stream the episode on a separate page here
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes
Notes and links mentioned in this podcast
- [6:27] - Adam alienates our ghost listeners
- [6:35] - News #1 - RBA holds for March (more)
- [9:25] - News #2 - International women’s day sculpture unveiled on Wall St (more)
- [11:25] - News #3 - Longer lease terms to be introduced in NSW and VIC (more)
- [16:27] - News #4 - BIS report claims Sydney house prices will drop 5% over next 2 years (more)
- [19:48] - News #5 - QLD developer offers FHBs property with deposit of as little as $1,000 (more)
- [23:26] - News#6 - CBA will be the first bank to allow credit card holders to cancel their card online (more)
- [25:02] - News#7 - BetaShares report finds that average Aussie investing in ETF has dropped by 20 years (more)
- [26:30] - Funny money - Woman fined for parking in her own driveway (more)
- [43:04] - Anthony Millet CEO of BrickX blows our mind with some housing stats, the reason why BrickX exists and the benefits of investing in it
- [48:32] - How many bricks do people buy?
- [50:29] - Can you buy enough bricks to fully own a property?
- [53:35] - Who are BrickX’s competitors?
- [55:00] - The property’s BrickX is selecting
- [56:14] - BrickX’s fee structure
- [58:05] - BrickX’s plans for the future
- [59:05] - BrickX vs REITs
- [1:02:02] - How BrickX responds to user feedback about property
- [1:04:34] - Can you rent the BrickX property that you’re investing in?
- [1:05:12] - BrickX’s goal
- [1:05:15] - How to invest with BrickX
- [1:09:54] - Responses to the question of last week
- [1:17:16] - Question of the week - What have you bought in the hope that it will increase in value (preferably if it didn’t increase in value)
Question of the week: What have you bought in the hope that it will increase in value?
Leave your answer in the comment box below!