P&N Budgeting Account
Ensure your lights stay on with an account that keeps your monthly expense needs separate from your daily spending money.
With the P&N Budgeting account, you can gain better management of your monthly finances. Use it to store money on the side earmarked to take care of your monthly expenses, keeping it separate from your everyday transaction account. This can help you stay on budget and always pay your bills on time.
Account keeping fee
ATM withdrawal fee
Overseas ATM withdrawal fee
Overseas transaction fee
of transaction value
Monthly maintenance fee
There are no account keeping or maintenance fees charged to the Budgeting Account.
Unlimited free transactions
You are able to keep your balance and pay your expenses with any of the following methods without charge; payroll and direct credits, Bank@Post deposits, internet and phone transfers, cheque and cash deposits, BPAY, cash withdrawal and electronic transfers.
You are allowed up to six combined EFTPOS, member cheque or direct debit transactions a month before being charged $1.25 for each one. You will also incur a fee for withdrawals made at Bank@Post of $1.95.
Debit card access
You are permitted to link this account to any of your existing P&N cards if you have an existing P&N Transaction Account.
When you have a P&N ATM card or Visa debit card linked to the account you can access cash at any rediATM or ATMs in the NAB or Bank of Queensland networks.
How to apply
If you like the idea of holding some of your funds separate for your regular payments you can apply for the Budgeting Account over the phone or in person at a P&N branch. Alternatively, you can visit P&N website and fill out an enquiry form to schedule an appointment. You will first be asked about the following to make sure that you are eligible for this account:
- Minimum age. The minimum age required to open the Budgeting Account is 18 years of age.
- Residency requirements. You must be an Australian resident and have an Australian residential address in order to be eligible for this account.
- Depository requirements. There are no stipulations made for a minimum opening balance, nor are you required to maintain a balance in order for the account to remain active.
P&N Bank also makes some recommendations on the documentation you will need before meeting for your application appointment:
- Tax file number. You are not obligated to provide your tax file number (TFN) or claim an exemption but if you don't you could have withholding tax deducted from any of your interest earnings.
- Identification. If you are applying for this account as a brand new member you will need you will need your Australian driver's licence or your Australian passport to verify your identity. You are also permitted to use one form of primary ID that does not contain a photo such as your birth certificate along with a second document such as a recent power bill.
- Membership number. If you are already a member you will need to provide your membership number as a part of the application. Non-members can buy a share for $10 to become a member. This charge will be deducted from your account after it has been activated.
What happens after I submit my application?
After having reviewed your information, P&N bank will issue you your Budgeting Account so that you may begin making your regular deposits and monthly payments. If you already have a transaction account with P&N Bank then your debit card will also allow you to access the funds in your new Budgeting Account.