Playstation Store’s Black Friday 2019 sales: Best discounts available now
The up to 72% off games sale has officially started, meaning you can nab yourself a bargain on titles like FIFA 20, NBA 2K20 and God of War.
Even though the Black Friday sales are still one week away, retailers have already begun pushing out a great range of deals. Already we've seen a range of stores start the shopping event ahead of schedule and now Playstation Store is getting in on the action.
Beginning today (22 November), the store is dropping prices on a massive selection of PS4 games, with some savings up to 72% off the usual retail price. The bargains will continue until 3 December, meaning that the games sale will also be a part of Cyber Monday.
Over 150 games are already on sale with even more set to join the list come 28 November. Included in the current offers are popular titles like Marvel's Spider-man, Grand Theft Auto V Premium Online Edition, FIFA 20, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and God of War.
You can check out just how much you'll save on these and other top game picks below.
Top 20 Playstation Store Black Friday games deals
- Marvel's Spider-Man: $24.95 (RRP $54.95, save 54%)
- Grand Theft Auto V Premium Online Edition: $14.95 (RRP $54.95, save 72%)
- FIFA 20: $64.95 (RRP 99.95, save 37%)
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: $64.96 (RRP $99.95, save 35%)
- God of War: $17.95 (RRP $24.95, save 28%)
- Days Gone: $54.95 (RRP $99.95, save 45%)
- NBA 2K20: $47.95 (RRP $99.95, save 52%)
- Uncharted: The Lost Legacy: $17.95 (RRP $24.95, save 28%)
- World War Z: $26.95 (RRP $54.95, save 50%)
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Expansion Pass: $14.95 (RRP $35.95, save 58%)
- KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue: $42.47 (RRP $84.95, save 50%)
- The Last Of Us Remastered: $17.95 (RRP $24.95, save 28%)
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy: $34.97 (RRP $69.95, save 50%)
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition Extra Content: $14.97 (RRP $29.95, save 50%)
- Resident Evil 2: $24.95 (RRP $89.95, save 72%)
- LEGO Jurassic World: $17.58 (RRP $54.95, save 68%)
- Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition: $17.95 (RRP $24.95, save 28%)
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy: $34.97 (RRP $69.95, save 50%)
- Battlefield V: $24.95 (RRP $69.95, save 64%)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4: $39.98 (RRP $99.95, save 60%)
There is also an opportunity for you to nab some "out with the old and in with the new" bargains. Basically, what we're saying is your PS4 library is about to get much more awesome for not much money, thanks to these Black Friday deals.
We'll keep updating this living list as we find more bargains, but these are the pick of the Black Friday PS4 deals available on the official store:
- Marvel's Spider-Man going from $54.95 to $24.95 is about as amazing as the arach-dude depicted. This is basically the best superhero game ever made. So much so, you should consider getting the $39.95 Game of the Year Edition (reduced from $69.95).
- Metro Exodus is a criminally under-loved gem that's a terrific, story-driven first-person shooter. Getting it for 75% off – for a total cost of $24.95 – is well advised.
- Even if you don't wanna be a cowboy, getting 68% off on Red Dead Redemption II: Ultimate Edition is one helluva deal. This open-world odyssey was genre-defining. $47.95 down from $149.95 is a quick-draw purchase worth reaching for.
- Looking for a stocking filler? God of War was showered in acclaim by action fans and critics alike. Sony has already dropped it to an insane $24.95. You can now score it cheaper for $17.95. This is madness, boyyyy.
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey confidently continued the upward trajectory of this beloved open-world franchise. Being able to get this Deluxe Edition for $39.95 instead of $122.95 feels like a glitch in the Animus. Take advantage before Abstergo fixes it.
- Truly decent, change-your-undies survival horror games are a rarity, but Resident Evil 2 made dry cleaners everywhere a little bit richer. Slashing 72% off the RRP to make this available to the unsuspecting general public for $24.95 feels downright irresponsible.
- If you're looking to make a difference in the world (virtually speaking, and with lots of bullets) you shouldn't go past the law-establishing shared-MMORPG antics of The Division 2. Scooping the Gold Edition up for $24.95 instead of 100 clams is the socially responsible thing to do.
- Other action games wish they were half as slick and gorgeous as Devil May Cry 5. Getting your demon-dicing gun-fu on for a measly $24.95 instead of $99.95 is a pretty brag-able result. In fact, we'd go so far as to call it S-rank material.
- Here's an oldie but a goodie for RPG connoisseurs. The Witcher 3: GOTY Edition for $17.95 (instead of $77.95) represents insane value for money. This bad boy holds up and then some. Hours and hours of top-notch adventuring/unicorn action.
If you're looking for other deals on games and consoles, eBay has just slashed 20% off millions of items, so it's definitely worth a visit to the site. We're also expecting to see Amazon Australia start its Black Friday sales soon, so we're likely to see even more gaming titles reduced.
You can also check out our predictions for more Black Friday deals we're expecting to see if you're likely to save some cash elsewhere.
Black Friday is a 24-hour shopping event, which will be held this year on 29 November. The massive sales event is closely followed by Cyber Monday, which falls on 2 December and sees even more bargains offered by a huge number of online stores.