PlayStation 4 Neo officially announced as PlayStation Pro
Sony has unveiled the PlayStation 4 Pro at Sony's September PlayStation Meeting.
Andrew House and Mark Cerny have addressed the PlayStation 4 Pro, previously known as Neo at the PlayStation Event this morning. Both reiterated that the PlayStation 4 Pro does not replace the PS4 or PS4 Slim, but exists within the same ecosystem.
Cerny demonstrated the new console's power by showcasing a number of titles, including the upcoming Spiderman (from Insomniac) and For Honor, both running in 4K.
He followed up by showing some sweeping vistas and environment shots from Killing Floor 2.
Here is a rundown of the upgrades coming to the PS4 Pro:
- Upgraded CPU
- Boosted clock rate
- 1TB hard drive
Andrew House also suggested PS4 Pro owners will instantly have hundreds of hours of 4K gaming to access when the console launches. Cerny referred to Forward Compatibility, as the patching process will help previously released games make the most of the PS4 Pro's stronger visual fidelity.
Cerny also went on to detail how HDR (High Dynamic Range) improves luminosity and detail, using the upcoming PS4 exclusive Days Gone to demonstrate the visual upgrade.
- Sex in Mass Effect Andromeda adds one night stands
- The good and the bad: Mass Effect Andromeda first hands-on impressions
- Layers of Fear and Evolve lead March’s Games With Gold
- Horizon Zero Dawn review: A tribe called main-quest
- Guerrilla Games talks knowledge sharing between Sony’s first parties and the future of Horizon Zero Dawn