PlayStation 4 Neo officially announced as PlayStation Pro
Sony has unveiled the PlayStation 4 Pro at Sony's September PlayStation Meeting.
Andrew House and Mark Cerny have addressed the PlayStation 4 Pro, previously known as Neo at the PlayStation Event this morning. Both reiterated that the PlayStation 4 Pro does not replace the PS4 or PS4 Slim, but exists within the same ecosystem.
Cerny demonstrated the new console's power by showcasing a number of titles, including the upcoming Spiderman (from Insomniac) and For Honor, both running in 4K.
He followed up by showing some sweeping vistas and environment shots from Killing Floor 2.
Here is a rundown of the upgrades coming to the PS4 Pro:
- Upgraded CPU
- Boosted clock rate
- 1TB hard drive
Andrew House also suggested PS4 Pro owners will instantly have hundreds of hours of 4K gaming to access when the console launches. Cerny referred to Forward Compatibility, as the patching process will help previously released games make the most of the PS4 Pro's stronger visual fidelity.
Cerny also went on to detail how HDR (High Dynamic Range) improves luminosity and detail, using the upcoming PS4 exclusive Days Gone to demonstrate the visual upgrade.
- Battle Royale: Treyarch says it will “do it best and better than” Fortnite, PUBG
- Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-ality Review: Show Me What You Got (in VR)
- Dragon’s Crown Pro Review: The pinnacle of 2D visuals
- Command the Australian Centurion in World Of Tanks
- Four Australian FIFA 18 players will compete for a ticket to the Global Series Playoffs tonight