PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds sells 10 million
PUBG continues to take over the video game world.
The ridiculously popular battle royale shooter PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds has smashed yet another record today, clocking up 10 million sales a little over five months after its launch back in March.
10 MILLION SOLD! Never did I think we would reach such a number! Thank you all for your continuing support of the @PUBATTLEGROUNDS team <3
— PLAYERUNKNOWN (@PLAYERUNKNOWN) September 5, 2017
That's not the only record PUBG has set recently, either. During its first invitational tournament at Gamescom last month, the game racked up a peak viewer count of 536,000 on Twitch and 5.6 million on the Chinese equivalent PandaTV.
"It is amazing and gratifying to see the love and support the passionate fans have shown to PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds," said Chang Han Kim, vice president of PUBG publisher Bluehole Inc.
All this despite still being in early access! There can't be any doubt left that PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is the biggest gaming phenomenon since Minecraft, and it's only going to get bigger when it launches on Xbox One later this year.
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?
- Save up to 70% on Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, The Division and more in Humble Store’s Ubisoft sale
- GAMDIAS ACHILLES M1-L gaming chair review
- Why Far Cry needs another double dose of malaria
- E-League FIFA 18 competition kicks off tonight on Fox Sports