8 places like Ibiza that are hotspots for holiday parties
The sun is always shining at these party hubs.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The all-night raver, the sun worshipper and the festival punter – you’ll find them all on the island of Ibiza during the European summer. From May to October, the clubbing capital of Europe overflows with foam, popcorn and boat parties where punters dance to the beat of their own drum.
Away from the nightlife, this Spanish island offers some of the most enviable beaches on this side of the Mediterranean. They range from popular outposts like Platja d’en Bossa to hidden beach gems that only the locals know about.
If you’ve missed the boat to Ibiza this year or you’re looking to change things up and are seeking that party island vibe elsewhere, you’re not short on options. These are just a few of the places that offer sunkissed beaches and that killer clubbing atmosphere that rings throughout Ibiza day and night.
1. Mykonos, Greece
The only place to be when you want to party in Greece.
Located in the heart of the Cyclades, Mykonos is a haven of white-washed buildings, sun-soaked beaches and lively bars and clubs. In the heat of summer, throngs of party chasers flock to the southern end of the island to dance from sunset to sunrise. Then they return the next day to do it all over again.
- Hottest bars and clubs: Paradise Club, Cavo Paradiso, Tropicana and Scandinavian Bar.
- Hottest beaches: Paradise Beach, Super Paradise Beach and Psarrou.
- Peak season: June to October
2. Patong, Thailand
With beer bars, go-go bars, discotheques and massage parlors aplenty, the resort town of Patong in Phuket is a hotbed for good times and long nights.
Patong is the largest town on the island of Phuket and is its biggest and busiest beach destination. The neon-lit Bangla Road welcomes a thriving nightlife that has garnered Patong a reputation of being the sin city of Phuket. You don’t have to travel far to get away from it, though, as a half hour away you’ll find towns like Rawai and Kata where beachcombers soak up the sunshine and swan through blue waters at their leisure.
- Hottest bars and clubs: Seduction, Illuzion, White Room Nightclub and Tiger.
- Hottest beaches (on Phuket): Patong Beach, Kata Beach, Karong Beach, Kamala Beach and Bangtao Beach.
- Peak season: November to April.
3. Legian, Indonesia
Luxurious beach hotels, amazing sunsets and some of Bali’s best nightclubs makes Legian the place to be on a Friday night.
Or any other night for that matter. Located just north of Kuta on the island of Bali, Legian offers a relaxed atmosphere by day and a sizzling party scene by night. Bars and nightclubs line the promenade offering shisha lounges, blues bars and throbbing clubs.
- Hottest bars and clubs: Sky Garden Rooftop Lounge, Vi Ai Pi Bali, Eikon and MBarGo.
- Hottest beaches (on or near Legian): Legian Beach, Seminyak Beach and Kuta Beach.
- Peak season: July to August.
4. Boracay, Philippines
Boracay is a juxtaposition of sleepy island town and midnight party spot that’s both affordable and accessible for Australians.
What was once the best kept secret of the Philippines is now one of the most heavily lauded and popular beach resorts in the world. Today Boracay is synonymous with white sun-kissed beaches, clear waters and dreamlike holidays. Its nightlife is an endless frenzy of cheap drinks, balmy dance floors and eclectic tunes. Just the way you like it, right?
- Hottest bars and clubs: Sandbar Beach Club, Epic Bar, Boracay Stars, Coco Bar, Summer Place and Exit Bar.
- Hottest beaches: White Beach, Puka Beach, Diniwid Beach, Bulabog Beach and Ilig Iligan Beach.
- Peak season: November to May.
5. Cancun, Mexico
When the weather begins to cool in Australia, the Mayan Riviera is just starting to heat up!
Located on the Yucatan Peninsula, Cancun is a Caribbean paradise of idyllic long beachfronts, luxurious resort hotels and underwater treasures. While the city draws an international crowd of holidaymakers, it’s particularly popular with spring breakers as an accessible and relatively affordable destination that offers everything from classy clubs to student dive bars.
- Hottest bars and clubs: The City, Senor Frog, Margaritaville, Fat Tuesdays and Coco Bongo, Palazzo and Crazy Hot Coyote.
- Hottest beaches: Playa Delfines, Playa Forum, Playa Chac Mool, Playa Las Perlas, Playa Langosta and Playa Gaviota Azul.
- Peak season: December to May.
6. Hvar, Croatia
The Adriatic island that never sleeps.
With its enviable white beaches and azure waters, it’s hard to overlook Croatia as a utopic beach destination. For night ravers and clubbing hounds, Hvar’s got the goods. Accessible by ferry from Split, summer nights in Hvar Town are long and loud with parties and punters ruling the streets.
- Hottest bars and clubs: Carpe Diem, Kiva, Red Baron and Tri Prsuta Wine Bar.
- Hottest beaches: Carpe Diem Beach, Dubovica, Lucisca and Grebisce.
- Peak season: June to September.
7. Magaluf, Spain
Party with the Brits in the Majorca resort town of Magaluf.
During winter Magaluf is a ghost town, but when the weather warms up it quickly transforms into one of the wildest party destinations in Europe. The resort is home to the biggest nightclub in Europe, BCM Planet Dance, and attracts some of the world’s top DJs like David Guetta, Calvin Harris and Tiesto year after year.
- Hottest bars and clubs: BCM Planet Dance, Banana’s Club, Boomerang, Project Club, Tokio Joe’s and Intriga.
- Hottest beaches: Cala Llombards Beach, Cala Mayor Beach, Cala Romantica Beach, Cala Figuera Beach and Ca’n Picafort Beach.
- Peak season: May to September.
7. Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Take a walk along Ayia Napa’s promenade to your new favourite watering hole.
Ayia Napa might be the mecca for hardcore clubbers and celebrities during the heat of summer, but this exquisite beach resort has so much more to offer than its rich party scene. During the season, adventure seekers can go bungee jumping, culture vultures can explore the town’s iconic 14th century monastery and water babies can dip into azure blue waters and explore sea caves.
- Hottest bars and clubs: Aqua, River Reggae, Black N White, Castle, Abyss and Club Ice.
- Hottest beaches: Ayia Napa and Nissi Beach.
- Peak season: April to September.
Best beach holiday deals
More guides on Finder
Things to do on Boxing Day in Adelaide filled with fun in the sun
Book a day out at the beach, the winery, the cinema or more this Boxing Day with these top activities.
9 fun things to do on Boxing Day in Brisbane
Here’s what you can get up to this Boxing Day in Brisbane.
Things to do on Boxing Day in Perth
Here are the top experiences you can book on Boxing Day to make the most of your day off. Plus, discover the restaurants, cafes and bars open, too.
Half a million fares up for grabs from $75 with Virgin Australia’s sale
EXPIRED: Sort out your 2021 travel plans with this Virgin Australia sale.
Nab $55 flights across Australia with Jetstar’s Fare Frenzy
Sort out your Christmas holidays with a trip across the country.
UPDATED: What to know about the Tasmanian border reopening
Stay up to date with everything there is to know about Tasmania's border opening.
Virgin Australia has your next domestic escape sorted from $89
EXPIRED: Discover the likes of Tasmania, Western Australia, Queensland, South Australia and more.
Save on Queensland and Tasmania fares from $159 with this Qantas sale
EXPIRED: Save on your next domestic trip with Qantas' latest sale.
New South Wales opens border to Victoria: What to know
Find out everything you need to know on the NSW-VIC border opening.
UPDATED: Western Australia border reopening | What to know
Find out everything you need to know about the Western Australia border reopening.
Ask an Expert