5 places like Fiji where you can live the island life like a boss
Exquisite beaches, one-of-a-kind mountains and fascinating local culture - these islands like Fiji have it all.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Fiji is a gem in the South Pacific, but this archipelago is not the only tropical destination for honeymooners or families looking for a heady mix of adventure, culture and relaxation. Dive into this list of places like Fiji that feature diverse natural beauty, from stunning diving sites to majestic volcanoes and lush rainforests.
With distinct cuisine, friendly locals and cultures as unique as the geography, you’re spoilt for choice.
A word of warning though: after a holiday at any of these islands, you will want to come back every year.
This 80-island archipelago has some of the world’s best scuba diving sites, where you can explore coral reefs and shipwrecks. Hike volcanic trails, immerse yourself in the local culture or simply relax on the many deserted beaches.
- Top 3 beaches: Champagne Beach, Erakor Beach, Eton Beach.
- Must do/see: Discover Pete Island, visit the turtle sanctuary, witness a Nekowear Ceremony, learn about the ancient lifestyle and traditions of the local villagers, go on a glass bottom cruise and snorkel or dive.
- Stay in: Grand Hotel & Casino. This upscale hotel sits on a prime waterfront location overlooking Iririki Island and the Port Vila market. Rooms start at $299 per night. To really splurge, check out the island's overwater bungalows.
Tahiti / Society Islands
Located in the heart of the South Pacific, the islands of Tahiti offer a world of mighty mountains, beautiful black-sand beaches and rich Tahitian culture.
Take in the majestic natural wonders and sacred Polynesian stone structures and enjoy a change from the usual white-sand beaches.
- Top 3 beaches: Lafayette Beach, Plage de Toaroto, Point Venus Beach
- Must do/see: Take an afternoon island tour, snorkel with turtles, explore the mountainous side by 4WD, see Moorea by https://www.viator.com/en-AU/tours/Moorea/Moorea-Solo-or-Twin-ATV-Tour/d5182-21389P2 and eat the local dishes.
- Stay in: Manava Suite Resort. This luxury resort boasts the largest infinity pool on the island with spectacular lagoon views. Rooms start at $399.
The Solomon Islands offer the best of both worlds for the laidback and the adventurous traveller. Relive World War II in the many battle sites and relics found both on land and deep under water.
Scale volcanoes or trek through the lush rainforests and waterfall walks. For a more relaxed adventure, walk along exotic beaches or through local villages nearby.
- Top 3 beaches: Gizo, Munda, Honiara.
- Must do/see: Scuba, freedive or snorkel, dive wreck sites, scale a volcano, immerse yourself in WWII history, handicraft shopping and go island hopping.
- Stay in: Heritage Park Hotel. Stay in the capital of Solomon Islands and easily access shopping malls, golf clubs and dive sites. Rooms start at $307.
The volcanic island nation of Mauritius is the epitome of heaven on Earth. Famed for its picture perfect blue waters, powder-white beaches and technicolor reefs, the views are stunning everywhere you turn.
Hire a car to explore tea plantations or sugarcane fields and be sure to enjoy some Mauritian rum before you leave.
- Top 3 beaches: Trou aux Biches Beach, Belle Mare Beach, Gris Gris Beach.
- Must do/see: Get your bearings with a southern island tour, go island hopping, skydive over the islands, walk under the sea, let Tamarind Falls take your breath away and feel the rush on a quad biking adventure.
- Stay in: Grand Bay Suites. Stay right on the popular Grand Bay Beach in a self-sustaining apartment equipped with a kitchenette, stove and refrigerator. Apartments start from $131. For something exceptional, stay in a bubble lodge.
The statues of Easter Island, or Rapa Nui as it’s known to locals, has drawn in tourists from all over the world.
The best way to explore is by car, bike or horseback, and watching the sun set among the logic-defying Moai statues is an unforgettable experience.
The clear blue waters also make the Easter Island an ideal place to surf and scuba dive.
- Top 3 beaches: Anakena, Ovahe, Pea Beach.
- Must do/see: Easter Island statues on a full day tour of Anakena, visit the Rano Kau volcano, hike the Poike Peninsula, explore cave and lava fields be cultered at a Rapu Nui dinner and show and finish the trip off with some stargazing at Rapa Nui.
- Stay in: Cabañas Christophe. Rent rooms or self-contained cabins on the slopes of the Rano Kau Volcano. These charming cabins are made from local materials. Rooms start at $138.
More guides on Finder
Lorne hotels | Where to stay in the town of Lorne on the Great Ocean Road
Compare Lorne hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
Where to buy discounted PlayStation 5 games online
Save up to 26% off PlayStation 5 games in the lead up to the console's launch.
Where to buy PlayStation 5 controllers and accessories online
Need some goodies for your new PlayStation 5 console? Here are the best places to buy PS5 controllers, peripherals and accessories online.
Amazon Prime Day 2020: Best beauty deals you can shop right now
You can save big on beauty brands like GHD, Schwarzkopf, La Roche-Posay, Remington and so much more.
Port Fairy hotels | Where to stay in the Victoria fishing village
Compare Port Fairy hotels, find the best sites to book them and get the latest coupon codes and deals to save on your stay.
The top sites you need for buying baby clothes online
Whether you want to splurge or get something more affordable, this is where you can purchase a wide range of baby clothes online.
Family getaways from Canberra to put smiles on their dials
Break out of the big city and explore the local townships, national parks and beaches with your brood these school holidays.
Where to pre-order the PlayStation 5 in Australia
The fifth PlayStation console is set to launch on 12 November. We've rounded up all the places you can pre-order the PS5 in Australia.
Xbox Series S pre-orders: Where to buy in Australia
Xbox Series S is a lower-cost alternative to the Xbox Series X launching on 10 November. Here's a list of pre-order options for Australian shoppers.
11 romantic getaways in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland for secluded luxury
Escape to the lush Sunshine Coast hinterland and stay at accommodation made for two with our top picks on where to stay for a romantic getaway.
Ask an Expert