5 places like Fiji where you can live the island life like a boss
Exquisite beaches, one-of-a-kind mountains and fascinating local culture - these islands like Fiji have it all.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Fiji is a gem in the South Pacific, but this archipelago is not the only tropical destination for honeymooners or families looking for a heady mix of adventure, culture and relaxation. Dive into this list of places like Fiji that feature diverse natural beauty, from stunning diving sites to majestic volcanoes and lush rainforests.
With distinct cuisine, friendly locals and cultures as unique as the geography, you’re spoilt for choice.
A word of warning though: after a holiday at any of these islands, you will want to come back every year.
This 80-island archipelago has some of the world’s best scuba diving sites, where you can explore coral reefs and shipwrecks. Hike volcanic trails, immerse yourself in the local culture or simply relax on the many deserted beaches.
- Top 3 beaches: Champagne Beach, Erakor Beach, Eton Beach.
- Must do/see: Discover Pete Island, visit the turtle sanctuary, witness a Nekowear Ceremony, learn about the ancient lifestyle and traditions of the local villagers, go on a glass bottom cruise and snorkel or dive.
- Stay in: Grand Hotel & Casino. This upscale hotel sits on a prime waterfront location overlooking Iririki Island and the Port Vila market. Rooms start at $299 per night. To really splurge, check out the island's overwater bungalows.
Tahiti / Society Islands
Located in the heart of the South Pacific, the islands of Tahiti offer a world of mighty mountains, beautiful black-sand beaches and rich Tahitian culture.
Take in the majestic natural wonders and sacred Polynesian stone structures and enjoy a change from the usual white-sand beaches.
- Top 3 beaches: Lafayette Beach, Plage de Toaroto, Point Venus Beach
- Must do/see: Take an afternoon island tour, snorkel with turtles, explore the mountainous side by 4WD, see Moorea by https://www.viator.com/en-AU/tours/Moorea/Moorea-Solo-or-Twin-ATV-Tour/d5182-21389P2 and eat the local dishes.
- Stay in: Manava Suite Resort. This luxury resort boasts the largest infinity pool on the island with spectacular lagoon views. Rooms start at $399.
The Solomon Islands offer the best of both worlds for the laidback and the adventurous traveller. Relive World War II in the many battle sites and relics found both on land and deep under water.
Scale volcanoes or trek through the lush rainforests and waterfall walks. For a more relaxed adventure, walk along exotic beaches or through local villages nearby.
- Top 3 beaches: Gizo, Munda, Honiara.
- Must do/see: Scuba, freedive or snorkel, dive wreck sites, scale a volcano, immerse yourself in WWII history, handicraft shopping and go island hopping.
- Stay in: Heritage Park Hotel. Stay in the capital of Solomon Islands and easily access shopping malls, golf clubs and dive sites. Rooms start at $307.
The volcanic island nation of Mauritius is the epitome of heaven on Earth. Famed for its picture perfect blue waters, powder-white beaches and technicolor reefs, the views are stunning everywhere you turn.
Hire a car to explore tea plantations or sugarcane fields and be sure to enjoy some Mauritian rum before you leave.
- Top 3 beaches: Trou aux Biches Beach, Belle Mare Beach, Gris Gris Beach.
- Must do/see: Get your bearings with a southern island tour, go island hopping, skydive over the islands, walk under the sea, let Tamarind Falls take your breath away and feel the rush on a quad biking adventure.
- Stay in: Grand Bay Suites. Stay right on the popular Grand Bay Beach in a self-sustaining apartment equipped with a kitchenette, stove and refrigerator. Apartments start from $131. For something exceptional, stay in a bubble lodge.
The statues of Easter Island, or Rapa Nui as it’s known to locals, has drawn in tourists from all over the world.
The best way to explore is by car, bike or horseback, and watching the sun set among the logic-defying Moai statues is an unforgettable experience.
The clear blue waters also make the Easter Island an ideal place to surf and scuba dive.
- Top 3 beaches: Anakena, Ovahe, Pea Beach.
- Must do/see: Easter Island statues on a full day tour of Anakena, visit the Rano Kau volcano, hike the Poike Peninsula, explore cave and lava fields be cultered at a Rapu Nui dinner and show and finish the trip off with some stargazing at Rapa Nui.
- Stay in: Cabañas Christophe. Rent rooms or self-contained cabins on the slopes of the Rano Kau Volcano. These charming cabins are made from local materials. Rooms start at $138.
More guides on Finder
Campervan hire in Broome | Where to book, what to know
Plan your epic road trip around WA with our guide to campervan hire in Broome.
Best caravan parks in Kingscliff
Find the perfect place to sleep in this laid-back town on the Tweed Coast.
Campervan relocations in Australia | Where to book, what to know
Discover great destinations for campervan relocations for your adventure across Australia.
Best caravan parks in Noosa
Find the best caravan parks in Noosa and discover the perfect base for exploring the Noosa everglades, Noosa National Park and even heading over to Fraser Island.
Caravan parks in Port Elliot
Discover the perfect spot at the perfect price for your campervan along the coast of the Fleurieu Peninsula.
Where to buy Dal Rossi Chess sets online in Australia
Own one of the finest chess sets crafted by Dal Rossi with our helpful guide.
Campervan hire on the Gold Coast | Where to book, what to know
Take your vacation to the next level with a campervan hire on the Gold Coast.
Things to do on Boxing Day in Perth
Here are the top experiences you can book on Boxing Day to make the most of your day off. Plus, discover the restaurants, cafes and bars open, too.
Where to buy glass chess sets online in Australia
Shop at these retailers for quick delivery and low prices when buying a glass chess set online in Australia.
Where to buy chess books online with free delivery in Australia
Are you looking to improve your chess game with instructional chess books? Here are some of the best online bookstores that offer free delivery and signed copies.
Ask an Expert