Conspiracy with a smile: Pikuniku is coming to the Switch and the PC in 2018
An eerily upbeat puzzler where nothing is as it seems.
Devolver Digital and Sectordub have announced a colourful new puzzler for the Nintendo Switch and the PC. Pikuniku is set in a vibrant and simplistic world (reminiscent of LocoRoco) that isn't as happy-go-lucky as it seems on the surface.
The player's goal as protagonist Piku is to "bring joy" to the community by helping them face their fears while uncovering a deep-state conspiracy. To do this, you will need to solve some absurd physics puzzles and converse with the suspicious townsfolk in order to reveal the dark secrets lurking beneath an otherwise cheerful world. There are also custom levels tailor-made for a two-player co-op playthrough.
Its technicolour dreamland meets undercover nightmare vibe is comparable to last year's Pony Island, which was one of our favourite games of 2017, so we're looking forward to seeing how this one plays out.
Pikuniku will join the Nintendo Switch's healthy game library next year.
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?
- Save up to 70% on Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, The Division and more in Humble Store’s Ubisoft sale
- GAMDIAS ACHILLES M1-L gaming chair review
- Why Far Cry needs another double dose of malaria
- E-League FIFA 18 competition kicks off tonight on Fox Sports