Picross is puzzling its way to Nintendo Switch next week
Everyone's favourite number puzzler is making its way to Nintendo's latest console.
The Sudoku-like Picross puzzle games have proven immensely popular over the years, spawning Pokémon, Mario and Zelda-themed spin-offs in addition to the series' mainstay entries. Up until now, the series has stuck predominantly to handheld systems like the DS and 3DS, but that's set to change with the release of Picross S on Nintendo Switch.
Featuring 300 puzzles across both Picross and Mega Picross modes, Picross S will include board sizes from the small 5x5 all the way up to the massive 20x15. A new two-player mode will make its debut, too, with both co-operative and competitive options available.
Picross S is set to hit the Nintendo eShop on 28 September. Aussie pricing has yet to be announced, but it'll sell for US$8 on the American store which should translate to somewhere around AUD$10.
In other Nintendo news, DOOM is ripping and tearing its way onto the Switch, and we reviewed Samus's latest adventure Metroid: Samus Returns.
- Humble Classics Return Bundle: Where the best deals are
- Old Aussie rivalries live on in upcoming esports league
- Xbox One owners can save big on Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II and more right now
- March’s Games With Gold line-up is super hot
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?