Cheap flights to Phuket for 2020
Find top offers, sales and special fares to Phuket and surrounds from airports across Australia
Phuket boasts a year-round beach climate and as Thailand’s largest island, it remains a firm favourite among travellers. Take advantage of cheap flights to Phuket from Australia’s major hubs.
The areas where tourists tend to flock are conveniently located close to beaches, shops, bars and restaurants, though there is also the option to head off the beaten track. There is stunning scenery to be found along the natural beauty of national parks and pristine islands, ancient temples abound and friendly locals will be happy to talk to you and give directions.
See our latest flight deals to Phuket
Flights to Phuket from Melbourne
Flights to Phuket from Perth
Flights to Phuket from Sydney
Flights to Phuket from Brisbane
Phuket flight times
- From Melbourne: Approximately 8 hrs 30 mins + when flying direct to Phuket International Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 10 hrs 35 mins + with one stopover, landing at Phuket International Airport
- From Sydney: Approximately 11 hrs 30 mins + with one stopover, landing at Phuket International Airport
- From Brisbane: Approximately 10 hrs 15 mins + with one stopover, landing at Phuket International Airport
Airlines that fly to Phuket
- Malaysia Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- Thai Airways
Phuket insider flight tips
- Many flights departing from Australia and landing in Phuket will have a layover in Asia- Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and Bangkok are most common. The cheapest flights are those with long layover times. You can make the most of your layover by booking a tour with pick-up and drop-off from the airport itself. Travel agents can also help you book tours and accommodation to ensure you make your next flight.
- AirAsia and Jetstar offer the lowest fares and you’ll have to pay extra for any luggage you want to check in. If travelling with more than a few kilos it may be worth paying the extra to fly with one of the full-service airlines where baggage is included, such as Thai Airways, Singapore Airlines or China Southern.
How to get from the airport
The easiest transport option is to ask your hotel or resort to arrange your transfer for you as this is sometimes included in your hotel rate. Otherwise, your best option is to head to a counter to book a transfer, or go straight to the metered taxi rank once outside the Arrivals Terminal. Make sure the driver knows exactly where you are going, have your hotel name written down where possible and ensure you agree on a price before getting into the vehicle.
The reliable "Phuket Airport Bus" runs roughly between 7am-8pm to schedule and you'll recognise the orange logo and staff uniforms- turn left when you step outside the Arrivals Terminal. Travel time to Phuket Town is up to 1 hour 30 minutes. From Phuket Town, you can take bus transfers from Bus Terminal 2 on Tambon Ratsada to areas such as Patong, Karon, Krabi and Khao Lak.
Ask an Expert