Photography tours in Sydney: Where, when & how much?
Overflowing with photogenic landmarks (we’re looking at you, Sydney Opera House, Bondi, Harbour Bridge...) and almost year-round sunshine, Sydney is a dream for photographers, both amateur and professional.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The city and its surrounds are known for being-super scenic: from wave-battered ocean pools in Manly to an oak-and-emerald-furnished historic pub in The Rocks, a postcard-perfect shot is always near.
Joining a photo tour in Sydney is a great way to see the city, get professional tips, take some envy-inducing shots and learn about more about your camera’s functions (and your surroundings). Whether you’re in town as a tourist looking for an alternative way to sightsee, you want to explore your hometown or you’re just looking to improve your photography skills -- try a Sydney photography tour and get snap happy. Tours happen year-round in a range of locations (see our list below):
Types of photo tours:
- Street art
- Urban adventure
- Night photography
- The Rocks
- Sydney Harbour
- Ocean & coastline
- Vivid Sydney
Photography tours to book now:
Photography for beginners from Classbento
Learn about the theory of photography with Sofia Beker and go on a 1-hour actual practice.
- Duration: 2 hours
- Location: Milson's point train station
- Price is per person
Night photography from Classbento
Get stunning shots even on low light and use tripod effectively with a photography short course with Alfonso Calero.
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Location: The Fine Food Store, The Rocks NSW
- Price is per person
Private photography course from Classbento
Develop your skills and gain confidence in photography with a 3-hour private course.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Location: The Rocks
- Price is per person
Does your company belong in this list?
Who would enjoy this?
- Photography enthusiasts: Tours like this make the ideal gift for anyone who loves taking photos or browsing photography exhibitions.
- Amateur photographers: Know someone who is ready to improve their skill set? Anyone interested in learning the techniques of photography can benefit from the professional tips offered on these tours (and have fun while doing it).
- Creative tourists: Got a visitor with a bit of a creative side? If you're looking for an alternative way to sightsee, this is a great combination of visiting top landmarks and learning how to photograph them professionally.
- Aspiring travel photographer: This is THE dream job. Know someone interested in becoming a travel photographer? A photography tour around Sydney could be the perfect step to get them started.
- Gap year visitors: Gap year travellers love to cram in as much as possible… but they also love to share photos of their trip with their friends back home. Give them a treat to ensure their photos stand out from the crowd with a photography tour in Sydney.
- Anyone with an SLR or DLSR: Seriously, there is no way a photography tour wouldn't be fun for anyone with an SLR. Now, all you need to do is choose what type of tour to take…
More guides on Finder
Best tripods in Australia
We did the research, now here are the 6 best tripods available in Australia.
WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo review
Centrally located, packed full of local critters and perfect for families, WILD LIFE Sydney offers a few fun hours out.
12 best places to visit in the USA
Find out which places in the USA are must-visits, ranging from incredible cities to draw-dropping nature sites. The USA is one place where you’re going to want to spend some time.
Snorkelling in Sydney: Where to go, what tours to book and the best deals
Get to know what’s under the water with the best snorkelling companies in Sydney and expert guides who will show you all of the best sites.
Photography tours in Brisbane
Discover Brisbane at its most photogenic with deals on photo tours and workshops.
Where to go in Sydney
Discover all of the areas in Sydney that you can’t miss from the top nature spots to suburbs, tourist highlights and more.
Bridge climbing in Sydney: The ultimate guide
A bridge climb experience is that one "wow" moment in Sydney. Hear some history, see what makes this bridge so special and use the stunning backdrop for a memorable photo.
The ultimate guide to your dream destination wedding
Everything you need for the best destination wedding, and how to come out way below budget.
Where to celebrate Christmas in July in Sydney 2021
The places you need to be to have a white Christmas in Sydney this winter.
Ask an Expert