Photography tours in Sydney: Where, when & how much?
Overflowing with photogenic landmarks (we’re looking at you, Sydney Opera House, Bondi, Harbour Bridge...) and almost year-round sunshine, Sydney is a dream for photographers, both amateur and professional.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
The city and its surrounds are known for being-super scenic: from wave-battered ocean pools in Manly to an oak-and-emerald-furnished historic pub in The Rocks, a postcard-perfect shot is always near.
Joining a photo tour in Sydney is a great way to see the city, get professional tips, take some envy-inducing shots and learn about more about your camera’s functions (and your surroundings). Whether you’re in town as a tourist looking for an alternative way to sightsee, you want to explore your hometown or you’re just looking to improve your photography skills -- try a Sydney photography tour and get snap happy. Tours happen year-round in a range of locations (see our list below):
Types of photo tours:
- Street art
- Urban adventure
- Night photography
- The Rocks
- Sydney Harbour
- Ocean & coastline
- Vivid Sydney
Photography tours to book now:
Photography for beginners from Classbento
Learn about the theory of photography with Sofia Beker and go on a 1-hour actual practice.
- Duration: 2 hours
- Location: Milson's point train station
- Price is per person
Night photography from Classbento
Get stunning shots even on low light and use tripod effectively with a photography short course with Alfonso Calero.
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Location: The Fine Food Store, The Rocks NSW
- Price is per person
Private photography course from Classbento
Develop your skills and gain confidence in photography with a 3-hour private course.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Location: The Rocks
- Price is per person
Does your company belong in this list?
Who would enjoy this?
- Photography enthusiasts: Tours like this make the ideal gift for anyone who loves taking photos or browsing photography exhibitions.
- Amateur photographers: Know someone who is ready to improve their skill set? Anyone interested in learning the techniques of photography can benefit from the professional tips offered on these tours (and have fun while doing it).
- Creative tourists: Got a visitor with a bit of a creative side? If you're looking for an alternative way to sightsee, this is a great combination of visiting top landmarks and learning how to photograph them professionally.
- Aspiring travel photographer: This is THE dream job. Know someone interested in becoming a travel photographer? A photography tour around Sydney could be the perfect step to get them started.
- Gap year visitors: Gap year travellers love to cram in as much as possible… but they also love to share photos of their trip with their friends back home. Give them a treat to ensure their photos stand out from the crowd with a photography tour in Sydney.
- Anyone with an SLR or DLSR: Seriously, there is no way a photography tour wouldn't be fun for anyone with an SLR. Now, all you need to do is choose what type of tour to take…
More guides on Finder
WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo review
Centrally located, packed full of local critters and perfect for families, WILD LIFE Sydney offers a few fun hours out.
Where can you go in New South Wales in October 2020? | NSW travel restrictions explained
As the state lifts travel bans put in place due to COVID-19, here's where you can go now, what you can do and what to keep in mind.
How to drive from Las Vegas to Monument Valley | A couple of travel makers
Arizona and Utah serve up some of the most picturesque natural landscapes in the country. Don't miss a beat with our five-day itinerary which includes the Grand Canyon, Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend and Monument Valley.
Compare hair straighteners: How to choose the right straightener for your hair
Learn how to choose the best straightener for fine, medium or thick hair and find out how to avoid damaging your locks.
San Francisco romantic travel guide | A couple of travel makers
Where to eat (Mission), what to do (bike the Golden Gate Bridge and ride the cable cars) and where to stay (Fisherman's Wharf and north of downtown) in San Francisco.
Airbnb Experience Ideas For Hosts
Become an Airbnb Experiences host and find out how you can make extra income showing travellers around your city.
Best places to visit in October 2020
Our top five Australia destinations to spend the middle of spring in. Plus, the best destinations to visit in Europe, USA, Asia and more for future travels.
How to sell on Shopify
If you want to start selling on Shopify, find out how to set up your shop, price your products and attract customers in this handy guide.
Where to go in Hawaii
Unearth the best destinations hidden throughout Hawaii’s eight islands and don't miss a thing during your next visit.
Bali vs Fiji | Which destination is best for you?
We’ll help you choose which destination is the one for you between Bali and Fiji by comparing prices, activities, family and honeymoon options.
Ask an Expert