Flights to the Philippines from $109 each way with new direct route
Cebu Pacific to fly from Melbourne to Manila from August 2018.
There’s a new way to get to the Philippines on a budget.
Cebu Pacific today announced its second direct route to Manila from Australia, with flights from Melbourne to commence from 14 August 2018. And introductory fares are just $109 each way for travel until 31 October.
Currently, the only direct flights available between the two cities are with full-service carrier Philippine Airlines.
While in-flight meals, checked bags and entertainment are included in the fares for Philippine Airlines, we found, using dates in September 2018 as a sample, that they could be as much as $748 return – or more than $500 more than Cebu’s advertised return tickets.
The budget Philippines-based airline will operate flights on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, departing Melbourne at 5:05pm and arriving in Manila at 11:15pm. The return flight will also operate on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, and will depart Manila at 6:05am, arriving in Melbourne at 3:50pm.
Prior to these flights, the only budget carriers servicing the Philippines from Australia were Jetstar and AirAsia – both which fly via another city in Asia before reaching Manila.
These new flights will also allow Melbournians to reach other destinations, like Puerto Princesa (Palawan), Kalibo (Boracay) and Cebu, with just one stop instead of two.
The introductory Cebu fares are available until 3 March.
To book: At such a low price, seats are limited, so we'd recommend heading over to Skyscanner and using the calendar function to easily find the dates with the cheapest fares.
- Qantas sale: Soak up that Gold Coast sun from $99
- Jetstar sale: Unwind in Byron Bay for as little as $73 return
- Jetstar Return for FREE sale makes 2021 debut with return trips from $65
- Qantas sale: Whisk yourself away to Hamilton Island from $134
- Rex Airlines is back with new Adelaide and Gold Coast fares from $69
- Jetstar Weekend Fare Frenzy sale says hello to autumn travel from $29
- Qantas Fly Away sale invites you to see Australia from as little as $104
- Jetstar sale drops $59 fares to Hervey Bay as new direct routes emerge
- Virgin sale slashes Australia fares from $75
- Qantas sale sorts out school holiday plans from $129