Cheap flights to Philippines for 2022
Find flight deals to the Philippines and airlines to fly with.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The Philippines offers an exciting experience for all types of travellers, whether exploring, eating or engaging with the culture is at the top of your list for things to do in the Philippines.
Here we share all that you need to know to book your upcoming trip, from the best flight deals from Australia to the Philippines and how to get to and from the airport.
What you can expect to pay for cheap flights to Philippines
Here's what's considered to be a good deal compared to the average cost of a flight from Australia to the Philippines.
Philippines flight time
- From Sydney: Approximately 7 hrs 55 mins + when you fly direct to Ninoy Aquino International Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 8 hrs 10 mins + when you fly direct to Ninoy Aquino International Airport
- From Brisbane: Approximately 8 hrs 10 mins + when you fly direct to Ninoy Aquino International Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 10 hrs + when you fly direct to Ninoy Aquino International Airport
Airlines that fly to the Philippines
- Cebu Pacific
- Philippines Airlines
Philippines insider flight tips
- You’ll generally find the best flight deals to the Philippines with Cebu Pacific, a budget Philippine airline. Lead-in fares buy you a seat only, and the 7kg hand-luggage restriction is strictly enforced. Philippine Airlines is the national carrier with full-service flights at low cost lead-in fares that include baggage and meals.
- Boracay is a one-hour flight from Manila with a choice of two airports: Caticlan (MPH) is only 10 minutes from the jetty for boat transfers to Boracay, while Kalibo International (KLO) is a 90-minute overland ride to the jetty. The route is scenic and worth spending the time for a chance to see rural Philippines. Flights from Manila to MPH tend to be cheaper than the return MPH to Manila, so you could fly into MPH and out of KLO.
- Getting around the Philippines is easy with domestic flights. AirAsia, Cebu Pacific, Skyjet and Philippine Airlines offer many routes between them. Some Philippine airports are very close to each other so it’s worth comparing the fares, eg, Clark (CRK) for Manila, General Santos (GES) for Davao and Tagbilaran (TAG) for Cebu.
- AirAsia, Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airlines all have regular promo fares, so sign up to their newsletters and you’ll know as soon as a sale is on.
How do I get to and from the airport?
Ninoy Aquino International Airport (MNL) in Manila is seven kilometres from the city. A popular way to get there is by American army-inspired jeeps known as "Jeepneys". To catch a taxi it's best to buy a coupon at a counter in the airport terminal, paying a flat rate by destination. Yellow taxis can also be flagged down outside the terminal, but they're normally more expensive. Private airport buses run every 15 minutes to the city centre, or there are less frequent but cheaper public buses. Several car rental companies are found at the airport, with desks inside the terminal.
Cebu is an 80-minute flight from Manila to Mactan-Cebu International Airport. The most convenient transport is taxi, private transfer or car rental. Taxis are cheaper than yellow taxis but harder to come by. You can arrange an airport transfer from both MPH and KLO airports to Boracay. Book it online in advance to include airport pick-up, boat transfer and a Boracay map/guide. TripAdvisor posts are a good resource for up-to-date transfer advice from these airports.
More guides on Finder
Ethereum price dips further after Vitalik Buterin reveals ETH2.0 transition is only halfway there
ETH2.0 upgrade is only 50% done, co-founder Vitalik Buterin recently revealed, resulting in the altcoin registering weekly losses of 27%.
Polestar 2 vs Tesla Model 3
Which is a better electric car, the Tesla Model 3 or the Polestar 2? We compared them to find out.
Bitcoin price falters but fundamentals remain strong, suggesting a reversal may be on the cards
BTC's network activity hovers around its all-time high levels even though its price movements remained shaky over the past few days.
Skullcandy Push Active review: Revenge of the shredded nerds
The Skullcandy Push Active are a good option if you’re looking for sports earbuds you can knock about and sweat on.
South Australia floods: Can I make a home insurance claim?
Residents impacted by the floods in rural SA may be able to make a claim.
Hangout with #MoneyExperts
MoneySmart Week is all about learning how to be financially literate.
Going Green: People4Ocean
Find out how this Australian company created sunscreen products that protect a lot more than just your skin.
Superannuation insurance: 3 hidden costs you must check now
The value of insurance premiums held within super went up 7.4% last year – but are the benefits worth it?
Epic $29 Jetstar sale has landed + $109 international flights
Holiday locally or head overseas to Bali, Thailand, New Zealand, Hawaii, Fiji and more.
Ask an Expert