Cheap flights to Philippines for 2020
Find flight deals to the Philippines and airlines to fly with.
The Philippines offers an exciting experience for all types of travellers, whether exploring, eating or engaging with the culture is at the top of your list for things to do in the Philippines.
Here we share all that you need to know to book your upcoming trip, from the best flight deals from Australia to the Philippines and how to get to and from the airport.
What you can expect to pay for cheap flights to Philippines
Here's what's considered to be a good deal compared to the average cost of a flight from Australia to the Philippines.
Sydney to Philippines flights
Melbourne to Philippines flights
Brisbane to Philippines flights
Perth to Philippines flights
Philippines flight time
- From Sydney: Approximately 7 hrs 55 mins + when you fly direct to Ninoy Aquino International Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 8 hrs 10 mins + when you fly direct to Ninoy Aquino International Airport
- From Brisbane: Approximately 8 hrs 10 mins + when you fly direct to Ninoy Aquino International Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 10 hrs + when you fly direct to Ninoy Aquino International Airport
Airlines that fly to the Philippines
- Cebu Pacific
- Philippines Airlines
Philippines insider flight tips
- You’ll generally find the best flight deals to the Philippines with Cebu Pacific, a budget Philippine airline. Lead-in fares buy you a seat only, and the 7kg hand-luggage restriction is strictly enforced. Philippine Airlines is the national carrier with full-service flights at low cost lead-in fares that include baggage and meals.
- Boracay is a one-hour flight from Manila with a choice of two airports: Caticlan (MPH) is only 10 minutes from the jetty for boat transfers to Boracay, while Kalibo International (KLO) is a 90-minute overland ride to the jetty. The route is scenic and worth spending the time for a chance to see rural Philippines. Flights from Manila to MPH tend to be cheaper than the return MPH to Manila, so you could fly into MPH and out of KLO.
- Getting around the Philippines is easy with domestic flights. AirAsia, Cebu Pacific, Skyjet and Philippine Airlines offer many routes between them. Some Philippine airports are very close to each other so it’s worth comparing the fares, eg, Clark (CRK) for Manila, General Santos (GES) for Davao and Tagbilaran (TAG) for Cebu.
- AirAsia, Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airlines all have regular promo fares, so sign up to their newsletters and you’ll know as soon as a sale is on.
How do I get to and from the airport?
Ninoy Aquino International Airport (MNL) in Manila is seven kilometres from the city. A popular way to get there is by American army-inspired jeeps known as "Jeepneys". To catch a taxi it's best to buy a coupon at a counter in the airport terminal, paying a flat rate by destination. Yellow taxis can also be flagged down outside the terminal, but they're normally more expensive. Private airport buses run every 15 minutes to the city centre, or there are less frequent but cheaper public buses. Several car rental companies are found at the airport, with desks inside the terminal.
Cebu is an 80-minute flight from Manila to Mactan-Cebu International Airport. The most convenient transport is taxi, private transfer or car rental. Taxis are cheaper than yellow taxis but harder to come by. You can arrange an airport transfer from both MPH and KLO airports to Boracay. Book it online in advance to include airport pick-up, boat transfer and a Boracay map/guide. TripAdvisor posts are a good resource for up-to-date transfer advice from these airports.
Ask an Expert