Woolworths Pet Insurance
Cover up to 80% of eligible veterinary expenses with Woolworths Pet Insurance
Updated . What changed?
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Some people might not consider pet insurance necessary, but anyone who has had to cover hefty veterinary bills knows just how valuable this type of cover can be. In case of unforeseen events like your pet becoming ill or injured, insurance can offer crucial financial support. Pet insurance from Woolworths can reduce your vet bills by up to 80%, and those who visit vets regularly for routine or emergency purposes are well aware of the impact that the bills can have on their budget.
Read on to learn about your policy options.
Finder's 3 favourite features
- Woolworths Pet Insurance customers get 10% off your grocery shop, once a month.
- Price beat guarantee. Woolworths will beat any compatible price from other providers (T&Cs apply).
- Donates $10 to Pet Rescue for every new policy.
Review by our pet insurance expert Alexandra Koster
Receive quotes for Woolworths Pet Insurance policies and apply securely
Why Choose Woolworths Pet Insurance?
Woolworths sets itself apart from other brands in the Australian pet insurance market through its comprehensive range of benefits available on different types of cover. With Woolworths you can get up to 80% of your bills, up to $24,000 a year, paid back to you.
Under Woolworths Pet Insurance cover, you can have your pet treated by any licensed vet in Australia rather than having to go through a prescribed list. The company provides you with cover for paralysis ticks and emergency boarding. They also offer you a number of payment options to choose from, such as paying once a month, once a year or once every fortnight depending on what is more convenient, all at no extra charge.
See some prices for Woolworths Pet Insurance
To help give you an idea about costs for Woolworths pet insurance, we gathered quotes for a few of Australia's favourite dog breeds. Just remember, prices are going to change based on things like you're own dogs breed, age and your address, so it's always worth comparing policies and getting a few quotes.
|Dog Breed||1yr old||5yr old|
|Staffordshire Bull Terrier||$738.71||$979.51|
Woolworths Pet Insurance Policy Options
Maintaining the health of your pets can often feel like an uphill battle but with the help of pet insurances it has become much easier. After considering different types of clients and their requirements, Woolworths Pet Insurance has come up with three types of cover for pet insurance that will ensure your pets’ health without blowing your budget. These three types of covers are:
Basic insurance cover
- Basic insurance cover gives you up to 80% of the cover on eligible vet bills for your pet’s treatment in the event your pet suffers an accidental injury
- Woolworths Pet Insurance pays a maximum of $500 for emergency boarding. However, to claim this benefit, your pet must be hospitalised at a licensed boarding facility
- Lifetime cover renewal
- Cover will remain in force if you overseas
- No upper age limit for cover
Standard insurance cover
- 80% cover on a maximum vet bill of $10,000 annually. Includes illness and injuries caused by accidents
- Tick paralysis cover
- Up to $1,000 for emergency boarding fees. In order to claim, vets and boarding facilities must be licensed.
- 30 day waiting period applies
Comprehensive insurance cover
- Comprehensive insurance cover includes treatment for all kinds of disease such as skin disease, cancer and even infectious diseases, in addition to covering regular visit charges, illness and accidental injuries.
- Annual cover limit of $24,000
- Cover for emergency boarding increases to $1,200 a year
- Routine care cover
Each of the Woolworths policies also include cover for cruciate ligament surgery, certain medicine and drugs, radiology treatments, specialist care and after hours emergency visits to the vet.
Woolworths Pet Insurance Cover Benefits
When applying for Woolworths Pet Insurance, you have the option to tailor your cover close to your needs through a range of different benefits. These include;
Accidental injury cover
- Provides cover injury sustained from accidents including those motor vehicles, electrocution and burns. Accidental injury cover also includes snake bites, any kind of sudden allergic reaction to an insect bite, or a bone fracture or tendon injury caused by a fall from a high place
- The condition must not exist before the policy term begins and must have arisen after commencement of the policy.
- The insurance company pays eligible vets’ bills up to the maximum amount stated in the certificate of insurance.
- To be covered for any benefit, including accidental injury, the pet must be at least eight weeks old.The insurance company pays eligible vets’ bills up to the maximum amount stated in the certificate of insurance.
- Pet will be covered for illness treatment only if the condition began during the policy period
- On the insurance start date, the pet (cat or dog) must be aged between eight weeks and nine years
- Diseases for which vaccines are available on the market are not included by illness cover
Optional routine care benefits
Optional routine care benefit provides up to $100 for routine treatments. This option is only available under the comprehensive cover option.
Woolworths Pet Insurance FAQs
What if I have more than one pet?
How can I pay my premiums?
How do I renew my Woolworths Pet Insurance policy?
Can I cancel my pet's policy at any time?
Can I change the level of cover for my pet after it is insured?
Woolworths Pet Insurance Claims
Making a claim for insurance cover at Woolworths Pet Insurance is a very simple process and can be carried out in three steps;
- Fill in your and your pets information and sign the claim form
- Have your vet fill in the relevant sections of the claim form
- Submit the original itemised invoices and payment receipts to Woolworths. Ensure your vet includes details of their practice
- Claims should be made within 90 days of treatment
More guides on Finder
How much do dentures cost in Australia?
Find out how much dentures cost in Australia and how you can get cover with mid-level health insurance.
Compare $100,000 life insurance policies
$100,000 life insurance policies can be very affordable. Compare costs and cover here.
Compare $500,000 life insurance policies
Compare $500,000 life insurance policies, costs and cover here.
Mercedes-Benz E-Class car insurance
Find out how much the average Mercedes-Benz E-Class costs to insure, as well as how to find a prestige car insurer.
How to start a baby proofing business
Find out how to start a baby proofing business and run it from home in this guide.
How to start a pet sitting business
Do you love working with animals? Find out how to start your pet sitting business.
How to start a pet grooming business
How to start a pet grooming company, from the equipment to the key skills you’ll need.
Life insurance for asthma sufferers
Learn how to get life insurance if you have asthma.
Life insurance for coma patients
How to get life insurance if you have been in a coma.
Life insurance for stroke patients
How to get life insurance if you’ve had a stroke.
You might like these...
How much does it cost to insure a dog in Australia?
Ask an Expert