Woolworths Pet Insurance Review
Some people might not consider pet insurance necessary, but anyone who has had to cover hefty veterinary bills knows just how valuable this type of cover can be. In case of unforeseen events like your pet becoming ill or injured, insurance can offer crucial financial support. Pet insurance from Woolworths can reduce your vet bills by up to 80%, and those who visit vets regularly for routine or emergency purposes are well aware of the impact that the bills can have on their budget. Woolworths Pet Insurance not only provides you with insurance cover for various expected or unexpected health problems for your loved pet but also for unexpected injuries sustained from accidents.
Receive quotes for Woolworths Pet Insurance policies and apply securely
Woolworths Pet Insurance Profile
Woolworths Pet Insurance is a division of Woolworths Limited, which has operations across Australia, India and New Zealand. Founded in 1924, Woolworths Limited has been providing award winning service to its customers and clients in many spheres and has grown to now employ over 202,000 employees. The company has headquarters in three different locations, and is the largest retail company in Australia.
Woolworths Insurance division provides life, home, car and pet insurance solutions. Woolworths offers a range of different pet insurance cover levels so you can be sure to find a suitable match for your cover requirements and budget. Through this range of insurance cover, the company works hard to maintain its goal of offering value, convenience, range and quality.
Why Choose Woolworths Pet Insurance?
Woolworths sets itself apart from other brands in the Australian pet insurance market through its comprehensive range of benefits available on different types of cover. With Woolworths you can get up to 80% of your bills, up to a maximum limit of $12,000 a year, paid back to you.
Under Woolworths Pet Insurance cover, you can have your pet treated by any licensed vet in Australia rather than having to go through a prescribed list. The company provides you with cover for paralysis ticks and emergency boarding. They also offer you a number of payment options to choose from, such as paying once a month, once a year or once every 15 days depending on what is more convenient, all at no extra charge.
Woolworths Pet Insurance Policy Options
Maintaining the health of your pets can often feel like an uphill battle but with the help of pet insurances it has become much easier. After considering different types of clients and their requirements, Woolworths Pet Insurance has come up with three types of cover for pet insurance that will ensure your pets’ health without blowing your budget. These three types of covers are:
Basic insurance cover
- Basic insurance cover gives you up to 80% of the cover on eligible vet bills for your pet’s treatment in the event your pet suffers an accidental injury
- Woolworths Pet Insurance pays a maximum of $500 for emergency boarding. However, to claim this benefit, your pet must be hospitalised at a licensed boarding facility
- Lifetime cover renewal
- Cover will remain in force if you overseas
- No upper age limit for cover
Standard insurance cover
- 80% cover on a maximum vet bill of $10,000 annually. Includes illness and injuries caused by accidents
- Tick paralysis cover
- Up to $1,000 for emergency boarding fees
- In order to claim, vets and boarding facilities must be licensed
- 30 day waiting period applies
Comprehensive insurance cover
- Comprehensive insurance cover includes treatment for all kinds of disease such as skin disease, cancer and even infectious diseases, in addition to covering regular visit charges, illness and accidental injuries.
- Annual cover limit of $12,000
- Cover for emergency boarding increases to $1,200 a year
- Routine care cover
Each of the Woolworths policies also include cover for cruciate ligament surgery, medicine and drugs, radiology treatments, specialist care and after hours emergency visits to the vet.
Woolworths Pet Insurance Cover Benefits
When applying for Woolworths Pet Insurance, you have the option to tailor your cover close to your needs through a range of different benefits. These include;
Accidental injury cover
- Provides cover injury sustained from accidents including those motor vehicles, electrocution and burns. Accidental injury cover also includes snake bites, any kind of sudden allergic reaction to an insect bite, or a bone fracture or tendon injury caused by a fall from a high place
- The condition must not exist before the policy term begins and must have arisen after commencement of the policy.
- The insurance company pays eligible vets’ bills up to the maximum amount stated in the certificate of insurance.
- To be covered for any benefit, including accidental injury, the pet must be at least eight weeks old.The insurance company pays eligible vets’ bills up to the maximum amount stated in the certificate of insurance.
- Pet will be covered for illness treatment only if the condition began during the policy period
- On the insurance start date, the pet (cat or dog) must be aged between eight weeks and nine years
- Diseases for which vaccines are available on the market are not included by illness cover
Optional routine care benefits
Optional routine care benefit provides up to $100 for routine treatments. This option is only available under the comprehensive cover option.
Woolworths Pet Insurance FAQs
Q. What if I have more than one pet?
- A. Each pet will require its own policy of insurance. Applicants are able to select an appropriate cover option and excess for each pet.
Q. How can I pay my premiums?
- A. Premiums can be paid fortnightly, monthly or annually by credit card or direct debit.
Q. How do I renew my Woolworths Pet Insurance policy?
- A. You can get lifetime cover for your pet through yearly renewals. Just pay your premiums on time and get hassle-free insurance cover for the life for your pet. Policies are renewed automatically by the insurer and you will receive a notice about renewal when it is due, and about the relevant premiums.
Q. Can I cancel my pet’s policy at any time?
- A. If you are moving abroad or are in any other situation when you don’t want to continue with the insurance policy, the cancellation process is very simple. You just have to notify the administrator at Woolworths Pet Insurance, PetSure (Australia) Pty Ltd (“PetSure”) through a written application and your cover will be cancelled as soon as the application is received.
Q. Can I change the level of cover for my pet after it is insured?
- A. The process of changing your insurance cover is very easy with Woolworths Pet Insurance, even if you want to change during the policy term. However, this is on the condition that you have not previously claimed on the policy.
Woolworths Pet Insurance Claims
Making a claim for insurance cover at Woolworths Pet Insurance is a very simple process and can be carried out in three steps;
- Fill in your and your pets information and sign the claim form
- Have your vet fill in the relevant sections of the claim form
- Submit the original itemised invoices and payment receipts to Woolworths. Ensure your vet includes details of their practice
- Claims should be made within 90 days of treatment