Why choose PROSURE Pet Insurance? Compare policy benefits and get cover
PROSURE provides comprehensive cover for pets including cover for accidental injury and wellness care. Annual benefit ranges from $8,000 (Silver Cover) to $14,500 (Platinum Cover), with up to 80% of the total cost of treatment reimbursed by PROSURE. As well, for every additional pet you insure with PROSURE, you can receive a 10% discount off your premiums.
Keep reading to find out more about the benefits of protecting your pet with PROSURE Pet Insurance.
What are the different levels of cover?
PROSURE Pet Insurance offers three levels of cover: Silver, Gold and Platinum:
|SilverAccidental Injury||GoldAccidental Injury & Illness||PlatinumAccidental Injury & Illness & Wellness Care|
|Percentage of vet bill covered||Up to 80%|
|After hours emergency visits||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Annual benefit limit||$8,000||$12,500||$14,500|
|Consultations||$300 annual benefit|
|Cooling off period||21 days|
|Cruciate ligament||$2,600 annual benefit|
|Dental illness||No||$1,000 annual benefit||$2,000 annual benefit|
|Emergency boarding fees||$500 annual benefit||$800 annual benefit||$1,000 annual benefit|
|Hereditary & congenital conditions||No||Yes||Yes|
|Laboratory & diagnostic tests||Yes||Yes||Yes|
10% discount on the second and subsequent pets' premiums
|No claim bonus||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Overseas Pet Travel Insurance||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Prescription medicines & drugs||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Tick paralysis||No||$500 annual benefit||$1,000 annual benefit|
|Wellness care rewards||No||No||$150 annual benefit|
How much does it cost?
Your premium is calculated based on a number of factors, which include the risks associated with the insured pet, the breed, age, species of the pet, cover chosen and the place of residence.
You can pay your premiums fortnightly, monthly or annually with credit or debit card. If you’re late paying your the following actions can be taken:
- Cancellation of policy. The policy can be cancelled if a premium is in arrears for more than 30 days.
- Cancel claim payment. In case the premium is due for over 14 days the company can refuse the payment of claims.
What isn’t covered?
- Pre-existing conditions. These include conditions or symptoms existing at the commencement of the policy or during the waiting period.
- Dental care. Some items not covered within dental care are treatment of fractured teeth, teeth cleaning, orthodontics, removal of deciduous teeth or any oral disease.
- Day to day care. These include regular dietary pet foods, vitamins, minerals, grooming, bathing, training and therapies. This also includes treatment while the pet is used for commercial or occupational purposes like racing, breeding, guarding or law enforcement. Assistance and guide dogs are exempt from this exclusion.
- Certain treatments and conditions. These include ambulance fees or other non-essential hospitalisation, organ transplant surgery and artificial limbs.
- Elective procedures. These include cosmetic procedures, experimental treatments, hip and elbow scoring, debarking and others.
- Pet not protected. Any deliberate injury caused by you or other people living with you. This also includes any injury or illness caused by not taking reasonable precautions to protect the pet like ingestion of hazardous substances.
How do I make a claim?
A claim form can be downloaded online from PROSURE’s site or obtained by calling 1800 424 917. After filling the form it should be mailed to:
- PROSURE Pet Insurance
- Claims department
- Locked bag 9021
- Castle Hill NSW 1765
A few important points to remember when making a claim:
- Time period. All the claims must be submitted and received within 90 days of treatment.
- Vet section. The vet must complete and sign the claim form.
- Invoices. Adequate invoices and payment receipts must be attached with the claim form.
- Authorisation. You need to authorise the vet so they can release information about the pet.
Procedure followed in settlement of claim.
- PROSURE deals directly with the policyholder when settling the claim. PROSURE will pay the benefit directly to you and not the vet
- If PROSURE believe the vet bill is unreasonable, the benefit will be adjusted accordingly. This is done after PROSURE get a second opinion
- Fraudulent claims may result in the cancellation of your policy
- In case any amount is due to the firm it can be deducted while settling the claim amount.
Example: If the amount of eligible expenses to the Vet is $5,000 then 80% of the amount or $4,000 will be given back in cheque or directly transferred to the nominated account.
Q: How much of the vet’s bill is covered?
- A: 80% of the amount for treatment will be reimbursed, up to the ceiling limit of annual benefits.
Q: Can the pet be insured as it gets older?
A: The firm guarantees continuous renewal of the pet’s policy if there is no break, lapse or change in the level of cover once the pet is 9 years old.
Q: Does the pet need to be vaccinated to get the insurance?
- A: The pet does not need to be vaccinated in order to get insurance, but the firm will not cover expenses for treatment of illnesses which are preventable by vaccination.
Q: At what age can the pet insurance be started?
- A: Pets must be at least 8 weeks old to get insurance. To get Gold and Platinum Cover options the insurance should begin before the 9th birthday. There is no age limit for Silver Cover.
Q: How long does it take for the claim to be settled?
- A: After the adequate documentation is received the firm tries to settle the claims as soon as possible and the payment is made by cheque or a direct transfer to the nominated account.
Q: Does this insurance cover hereditary and congenital defects?
- A: Yes, expenses related to hereditary illness are covered provided there were no signs when the policy was taken or during the 30 day waiting period.
Q: When will the policy start and when can I start claiming?
- A: The policy starts one minute before midnight on the day the proposal is accepted by the firm. Customers can start claiming immediately for any accident, there is a waiting period of 30 days for illness conditions.
Compare pet insurance and protect your pet
PROSURE Pet Insurance protects pet owners from unforeseen expenses, which can lead to both financial and emotional stress. Compare policies to protect both you and your pet.