PROSURE Pet Insurance
Why choose PROSURE Pet Insurance? Compare policy benefits and get cover.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
PROSURE provides comprehensive cover for pets including cover for accidental injury and wellness care. Annual benefit ranges from $8,000 (Silver Cover) to $14,500 (Platinum Cover), with up to 80% of the total cost of treatment reimbursed by PROSURE. As well, for every additional pet you insure with PROSURE, you can receive a 10% discount off your premiums.
Keep reading to find out more about the benefits of protecting your pet with PROSURE Pet Insurance.
PROSURE pet insurance is not currently available via Finder. But don't fret! You can head to their website at www.prosure.com.au for more information or compare a bunch of other pet insurance companies with Finder.
What are the different levels of cover?
PROSURE Pet Insurance offers three levels of cover: Silver, Gold and Platinum:
|SilverAccidental Injury||GoldAccidental Injury & Illness||PlatinumAccidental Injury & Illness & Wellness Care|
|Percentage of vet bill covered|
|After hours emergency visits|
|Annual benefit limit|
|Cooling off period|
|Emergency boarding fees|
|Hereditary & congenital conditions|
|Laboratory & diagnostic tests|
|No claim bonus|
|Overseas Pet Travel Insurance|
|Prescription medicines & drugs|
|Wellness care rewards|
How much does it cost?
Your premium is calculated based on a number of factors, which include the risks associated with the insured pet, the breed, age, species of the pet, cover chosen and the place of residence.
You can pay your premiums fortnightly, monthly or annually with credit or debit card. If you’re late paying your the following actions can be taken:
- Cancellation of policy. The policy can be cancelled if a premium is in arrears for more than 30 days.
- Cancel claim payment. In case the premium is due for over 14 days the company can refuse the payment of claims.
What isn’t covered?
- Pre-existing conditions. These include conditions or symptoms existing at the commencement of the policy or during the waiting period.
- Dental care. Some items not covered within dental care are treatment of fractured teeth, teeth cleaning, orthodontics, removal of deciduous teeth or any oral disease.
- Day to day care. These include regular dietary pet foods, vitamins, minerals, grooming, bathing, training and therapies. This also includes treatment while the pet is used for commercial or occupational purposes like racing, breeding, guarding or law enforcement. Assistance and guide dogs are exempt from this exclusion.
- Certain treatments and conditions. These include ambulance fees or other non-essential hospitalisation, organ transplant surgery and artificial limbs.
- Elective procedures. These include cosmetic procedures, experimental treatments, hip and elbow scoring, debarking and others.
- Pet not protected. Any deliberate injury caused by you or other people living with you. This also includes any injury or illness caused by not taking reasonable precautions to protect the pet like ingestion of hazardous substances.
How do I make a claim?
A claim form can be downloaded online from PROSURE’s site or obtained by calling 1800 424 917. After filling the form it should be mailed to:
- PROSURE Pet Insurance
- Claims department
- Locked bag 9021
- Castle Hill NSW 1765
A few important points to remember when making a claim:
- Time period. All the claims must be submitted and received within 90 days of treatment.
- Vet section. The vet must complete and sign the claim form.
- Invoices. Adequate invoices and payment receipts must be attached with the claim form.
- Authorisation. You need to authorise the vet so they can release information about the pet.
Procedure followed in settlement of claim.
- PROSURE deals directly with the policyholder when settling the claim. PROSURE will pay the benefit directly to you and not the vet
- If PROSURE believe the vet bill is unreasonable, the benefit will be adjusted accordingly. This is done after PROSURE get a second opinion
- Fraudulent claims may result in the cancellation of your policy
- In case any amount is due to the firm it can be deducted while settling the claim amount.
Example: If the amount of eligible expenses to the Vet is $5,000 then 80% of the amount or $4,000 will be given back in cheque or directly transferred to the nominated account.
Compare pet insurance and protect your pet
PROSURE Pet Insurance protects pet owners from unforeseen expenses, which can lead to both financial and emotional stress. Compare policies to protect both you and your pet.
More guides on Finder
Optical inclusion: Extras cover the top reason for taking out health insurance, survey finds
Extras cover is the number one drawcard for Australians who take out private health cover, new research from Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site, reveals.
Best SSDs in Australia
Speed up your system with one of the best SSDs you can buy right now in Australia.
Best energy provider in Australia
Learn how to compare energy providers in your state with our free online tool.
Going up: 4.6 million health insurance customers are missing out on potential savings
Millions of Australians could be missing out saving money on their health insurance policy, according to Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
Where can I travel from Australia in 2021?
Discover exactly what you need to know about leaving Australia.
HSBC Platinum Credit Card
This card offers 0% interest on balance transfers for 36 months, a discounted $29 first year annual fee and platinum benefits including airport lounge passes and complimentary insurance covers.
Turnbull Hill Lawyers review
Get expert legal advice on all your family and business matters in Sydney and the Central Coast with Turnbull Hill Lawyers.
Home office insurance
We talk you through how to get home office insurance.
American Express Velocity Business Card
The American Express Velocity Business Card earns points per $1 spent and offers complimentary travel insurance and two complimentary Virgin Australia lounge passes each year.
You might like these...
How much does it cost to insure a dog in Australia?
Ask an Expert