Best Perth food tours and deals 2020
Eat your way around the Western Australian capital at a bargain price
One of the best ways to experience the culinary delights of Perth and its surrounding wine regions is by putting yourself in the hands of a tour expert.
They can lead you down the path to discover the city's gems and the countryside's best tipples, all in a short space of time.
Hungry? You will be when you tuck into these top Perth food tours, as picked by us.
Our top pick: Perth walking food tour
Bites, Bars and Backstreets Northbridge Adventure Walking Tour from Viator
- Tour length: 3-4 hours
- Cost: $64
- What you can expect:A guided walking tour to sample local specialties, artisan foods and cocktails
- Why it's our pick:This small group tour is in one of Perth’s coolest neighbourhoods with an eclectic foodie scene
Our top pick: Perth brewery tour
Full-Day Perth, Fremantle, Swan Valley Brewery from Viator
- Tour length:11 hours
- What you can expect:Samplings, tastings and a light lunch with live commentary as you drive through three major highlights of WA
- Why it's our pick:You get to do some sightseeing while you visit breweries around the region
Our top pick: Perth wine tasting tour
Swan Valley Twilight Winery Tour and Two-Course Dinner from RedBalloon
- Tour length:5.5 hours
- What you can expect:Wine tastings at two wineries, gourmet cheeseboard, two-course dinner with a glass of wine
- Why it's our pick:A unique experience that allows you to visit the wineries after they have closed for the day
Our top pick: Perth chocolate tour
Chocolate Walking Tour from RedBalloon
- Tour length:3 hours
- What you can expect:Sample some delicious chocolate treats and gain insight from a local chocolatier
- Why it's our pick:All chocolate samples are included so you get to try before you buy
Does your company belong in this list?
Comparison of Perth food and drink tours
|Bites, Bars and Backstreets Northbridge Adventure Walking Tour||Guided walking tour, food and drink sample, dessert and local guide||$64||Viator|
|Full-Day Perth, Fremantle, Swan Valley Brewery||Guided food tour with live commentary, samplings, tastings, fresh lunch and transfers||$185||Viator|
|Swan Valley Twilight Winery Tour and Two-Course Dinner||Premium wine tastings at two wineries, gourmet cheeseboard, two-course dinner with a glass of wine, tea or coffee and transfers||$125||RedBalloon|
|Chocolate Walking Tour||Chocolate samples, a hot beverage and local guide||$59||RedBalloon|
What types of food and drink tours are available in Perth?
- Perth food safari. Discover the best backstreet eateries in Perth and travel from Italy to Asia and beyond in just a few hours. Perth has some of the best Asian food in the world, but if that’s not your bag then there are also chocolate walking tours and high tea walking tours on offer.
- Morning tea and high tea tours. Combine this enjoyable pastime with seeing the sights of Perth. Rather than sitting down to a high tea in one place, you’ll sample from a variety of venues while learning about the city’s heritage and historic buildings.
- Northbridge food tours. This is Perth’s most up-and-coming inner-city suburb and it boasts an emerging food and drink scene. Wander the small bars on a walking food tour or bar tour and learn about the suburb’s history and cultural diversity.
- Perth bar tours. Let a local show you the hidden gems that you won’t find in a guidebook, and make new friends along the way. Tours are around small bars in the CBD and include food samples and sightseeing.
What's included in a Perth food tour?
An expert guide, transport and usually snacks are included, depending on the tour. If you take a food tour of Perth, check what you’re booking as some include food and tastings, while with others you’re expected to buy along the way.
Most wine tours from Perth will pick you up from your hotel, but if you are staying in Swan Valley or Margaret River you can also get picked up there. Some wine tours include lunch and/or souvenirs. Minimum numbers may apply for the tours to go ahead.
How long do Perth food tours take?
Tours for a specific type of food, drink or area typically take three hours while winery tours might take up to a full day. Tours to Swan Valley from Perth are available as full- or half-day excursions, while Margaret River tours from Perth last the full day, with pick-up first thing in the morning.
Is everything included in the price?
Almost all tours include food and drink tastings in the price, and longer tours often include or give the option to purchase lunch. You’ll have opportunities to buy extra food and drinks as optional additions. Check inclusions when you book as generally the lower the price, the fewer the inclusions.
Where to book wine tours in Perth
Where to book walking food tours in Perth
Where to book Perth brewery tours
Ask an Expert