Best places to exchange currency in Perth
Discover how and where to find the best deal when you’re exchanging foreign currency in Perth.
Updated . What changed?
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Whether you're planning a quick visit to the beautiful city of Perth or stopping by for a longer stay, chances are you'll need to stock up on some local currency. Here are the best places to exchange currency in Perth plus some useful tips to help you save money on your next foreign exchange transaction.
Compare currency exchange services
Who can change my money in Perth?
1. Travel Money Oz
Travel Money Oz boasts several locations in and around the Perth CBD. This includes exchange bureaus in Murray Street Mall, Hay Street Mall, London Court and Galleria Shopping Centre. Most Travel Money Oz stores are open seven days a week, but often with reduced trading hours on Sunday.
If you're looking to exchange currency in Perth's suburbs, Travelex has you covered with multiple exchange bureaus. This includes locations in Morley Galleria and Westfield shopping centres in Innaloo, Booragoon and Cannington. Opening hours vary from store to store, but these bureaus are typically closed on Sundays.
Unimoni allows you to buy and sell more than 60 currencies at its Perth exchange bureaus. The provider has locations in Hay Street Mall and Westfield Carousel as well as a branch in nearby Fremantle. All branches are open from Monday to Friday but closed on weekends.
Tips for getting the best deal when exchanging money
These simple tips could help you save money when exchanging foreign currency:
- Check the mid-market rate. Use Google or a currency converter to find the current mid-market exchange rate. This will allow you to work out whether the rate a currency exchange bureau offers represents good value.
- Compare your options. It's quick and easy to compare exchange rates online, so shop around for the best deal. However, be sure to check that the rate you're quoted online is the same one you'll get in-store.
- Watch for hidden fees. Make sure you're aware of all the fees that apply to your transaction. These could include a flat fee, a percentage-based fee based on your transaction amount or an exchange rate mark-up.
- Don't buy your currency at the airport. You'll be slugged with high fees and worse exchange rates when you exchange foreign currency at the airport, so look elsewhere.
- Avoid using your credit card or foreign ATMs. Withdrawing money from a foreign ATM or paying with your credit card overseas may be convenient, but both of these options attract high fees and poor exchange rates.
Compare money transfer services
If you need to send money to a loved one overseas, use the table below to compare the exchange rates and fees of a wide range of international money transfer services.
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals in Australia, hand-picked by Finder's shopping experts.
Best split system air conditioners in Australia
Our expert team has analysed hundreds of customer reviews of split system air conditioners to determine the best available in Australia for every budget and purpose.
Best budget gaming monitors In Australia
We've done the research to find the best five budget gaming monitors available in Australia to suit different budgets and types of user.
Best camping mattresses in Australia
These are the 6 best camping mattresses you can get in Australia right now.
Best projectors in Australia
Here are the 7 best projectors you can buy right now for all your home theatre and gaming needs.
Business courses online in Australia
Searching for a career in business and not sure where to start? Find out here.
Best PC speakers in Australia 2020
Does your laptop or desktop PC need more sound? We've found the 7 best PC speakers in Australia for a variety of budgets and purposes.
Best weed killers in Australia
These are the eight best weed killers you can buy right now in Australia.
Best screen protectors in Australia
Our expert team has analysed hundreds of customer reviews of phone films of all types to determine the best screen protectors in Australia for every budget and purpose.
Best Beard Oils in Australia
These are the 6 best beard oils you can buy right now in Australia.
International Money Transfer OffersImportant Information*
TorFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. Conditions apply.
Send money overseas in 30+ currencies with competitive rates for transfer amounts over $2,000.
SendFX guarantees to match any competitor's exchange rate. T&Cs apply.
Fee-free transfers in 30+ currencies to over 200 countries.
Better exchange rates for Finder customers.
Send 60+ currencies at competitive rates and no fees. If you find a better eligible quote, WorldFirst will beat it.
Ask an Expert