We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Max Finance no longer accepts personal loan applications as their personal finance products are no longer available. The information provided and loan mentioned cannot be applied for, however, the information on this page has been kept for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
This is a snapshot of this page as it appeared on the 26th June 2017.
You can compare other short term loan options in our comparison tables.
Max Finance’s personal loan has borrowing amounts ranging from $1,600 up to $10,000. They also offer bond loans, short-term loans up to $5,000 and business loans. They have a pre-approval process in place, which takes roughly five minutes. Your interest rate will be determined based on various risk criteria, including your credit score. The rate and all fees and charges will be included in the contract.
What kind of loans does Max Finance offer?
- Fast Personal Loans. Max Finance offers pre-approval within five minutes and can have your loan amount in your account on the same business day. If you're an existing customer, borrowing again is easy with a quick five minute application form.
- Bond Loans. Need a loan to cover bond money? You can take be pre-approved for a loan up to $10,000 and pay it back over a period of up to twelve months. See the loan amount in your account on the same day if the loan is processed by noon.
- Short Term Loans. Financing is also offered for shorter terms. There is no penalty for early repayment of your loan, so you can still borrow up to $5,000 and repay the loan in the short term to save on interest.
- Business loans. If you're after business financing, Max Finance offers loans ranging from $3,000 to $30,000+. Pre-approval is offered in a matter of hours and can be accessed by both new and established businesses.
What features are offered with a Max Finance loan?
- Fast pre-approval. When you apply online you can be pre-approved for a loan within five minutes.
- No penalty for early repayments. If you're able to make additional repayments and pay out your loan early, you won't be charged to do so.
- Easy re-applying for existing borrowers. If you've taken out a loan with Max Finance, applying with them again is simple. You just need to fill out a five minute application form to update your details.
- Loan amounts. You can borrow between $1,600 and $10,000 to finance a range of needs.
Interest and repayments
When you apply for pre-approval, Max Finance will determine your interest rate based on various risk criteria. You will need to agree to this rate before the loan is completely approved.
Repayments can be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly and will be directed from your nominated bank account.
Are you eligible for a Max Finance loan?
In order to be eligible for a loan with Max Finance, you'll need to meet some criteria. If you don't meet the below criteria, you're able to submit a joint application with someone who does meet the criteria. To be approved, you'll need to:
- Own an asset. This needs to be a registered motor vehicle or real estate property. Either of these can be owned through finance (eg. a mortgage).
- Earn $500 per week after tax. You also cannot be on Newstart, Austudy or Youth Allowance.
Those with adverse credit histories are still able to apply.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Westpac SME Recovery Loan
This loan from Westpac has secured and unsecured options to help your business recover from the Covid-19 lockdowns. Its variable rates are based on your circumstances and can be repaid over 10 years. Find out if you're eligible to apply.
NAB Business Recovery Loan
This business recovery loan from NAB lets you choose between secured and unsecured options to help your business after the Covid-19 lockdowns. Interest rates will vary based on your situation. Find out if you're eligible to apply.
BOQ SME Recovery Loan Scheme Business Loan
This business loan from BOQ has secured and unsecured options to help you recover from the Coronavirus pandemic. Interest rates vary based on your circumstances and can be repaid over 10 years. Find out if you're eligible to apply.
Community First Credit Union Accelerator Package Fixed Home Loan
A review of Community First Credit Union’s Accelerator Package Fixed Home Loan.
Salt and Lime Debt Consolidation Loan
Looking to consolidate your debt? Salt and Lime offers fee-free loans, same-day funding, and the ability to earn discounts on your interest over the life of the loan. Apply today.
Citi Clear Credit Card – Balance Transfer Offer
This Citi Clear Credit Card offer includes 0% on balance transfers for 36 months and complimentary insurances. Compare and apply here.
Business loans for Centrelink recipients
Centrelink might block your business idea from taking off, but a variety of finance options including government schemes can help your business succeed.
Handypay Green Loan
A Green Loan from Handypay could help you make your home more energy-efficient. Handypay green loans are available up to $75,000 on terms of up to 10 years.
Great Southern Bank Fixed Rate Car Loan
If you’re in the market for a new car, the Great Southern Bank Fixed Rate Car Loan may be able to give you the funds you need. With the security of a fixed rate and flexible repayments, this loan might be what you need to own your new set of wheels.
Business car loans
If you're after a business car, compare your vehicle finance and car loan options and get your business on the road.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 8.99% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
Borrow from $5,000 to $55,000, with 1 years to 7 years loan terms available. This loan comes with no fees for extra repayments and no early exit fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.95% p.a. and 19.99% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
Ask an Expert