Please note: FCCS has rebranded to Geelong Bank. You can read a review of the Geelong Bank personal loan here.
FCCS Personal Loans
FCCS Credit Union makes sure its members are rewarded with its competitive personal loans.
FCCS is a credit union that was established in 1974 by some employees of the Ford Motor Company. The main aim of any credit union is to operate in the best interests of its members, rather than to satisfy shareholders. Over the years, FCCS has grown into a successful banking institution that offers a wide range of products and services, including insurance, savings accounts and various types of loans.
FCCS offers two personal loans as borrowing options to its members. Features of these loans include a free online redraw facility, the option to make extra repayments free of charge, and flexible repayment options. If you're on the lookout an efficient lender, you may want to consider FCCS for your personal loan needs.
How do FCCS Personal loans compare?
- First Place in Money Magazine's Best of the Best Awards. FCCS has taken out first place for its Superfund Maximiser Account in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
Types of personal loans offered by FCCS
- Home Improvements Loan. Are you looking to add any sustainable renovations to your house but aren't sure where you will be able to get the funds from? The FCCS Home Improvements Loan is designed for anyone needing to make improvements to their house. This could include things like installing solar panels, external awnings or rainwater tanks. The Home Improvements Loan has a competitive variable rate, plus it also comes with free online redraw and the option to make additional repayments without incurring any fees.
- Personal Loan. If you're looking to buy a new car or even planning a holiday, FCCS offers a Personal Loan that could make your plans a reality. With free redraw, flexible repayment options and no penalties for additional repayments, this loan helps take the stress out of borrowing money. It also offers free EFTPOS and ATM transactions, as well as the option of variable or lump sum repayments. The loan has a variable interest rate, so you’re not locked in if the market rates drop, and a range of other flexible features.
Features and benefits of an FCCS personal loan
- Variable or lump sum repayments. FCCS does not charge any extra fees for making additional payments. This means you can pay off your personal loan sooner.
- Early repayment. Since you are able to make extra repayments, you can pay off the personal loan as early as you like. This could save you hundreds of dollars in interest in the long run.
- Redraw facility. With an FCCS personal loan, you have the option to redraw on your extra repayments. If you’re a bit short on cash, you can take money out of the additional repayments you have made on the loan.
- Automatic repayment tool. If you like sticking to a budget, this is a great tool for you. You can set up automatic repayments from your savings or transaction account. You can even sync this up to your payday so you don’t have to worry about falling behind on your repayments.
- Minimum loan amount. The minimum amount you can apply for is $1,000. The maximum amount will depend on your current financial circumstances. If you need less than $1,000, you might like to consider applying for a MyCard Mastercard from FCCS.
What other products does FCCS offer?
- Home loans. FCCS offers a range of home loans which includes products ranging from first home buyer loans to relocation home loans. The loans offer redraw facility and flexible repayment options.
- Car loans. With an option to be used for either new or used cars, FCCS car loans offer competitive interest rates.
- Insurance. FCCS offers many different types of insurance policies, including home and contents, car, travel and mortgage protection.
- Savings and other accounts. With competitive interest rates and fees, FCCS offers savings accounts, term deposits and the award-winning Superfund Maximiser account.
- Financial planning advice. If you need some assistance with budgeting, saving or even planning your retirement, FCCS offers financial planning advice to get your financial situation in order.
How to apply for a personal loan from FCCS
To apply for a personal loan you will need to be a member of FCCS. You can apply easily online and you will need to provide proof of identity (passport or birth certificate) and your residential details. These details will need to be verified in a FCCS office.
If you are already a member, click ‘Go to Site’ to begin the application process. You will need to provide information including proof of regular income (pay slips), statements of other loans, statements of all credit cards, contact information, residential details, employment status and details of past debt.
Once you have submitted your application, you will be given a reference number and will be contacted by FCCS within 48 hours.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 28.69% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 9.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 10.66% p.a. to 19.59% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.34% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above. Application fee of $150 waived off.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 7.5% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 7.95% p.a. and 16.95% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Make additional repayments or pay off the loan early, penalty-free.
Ask an Expert